PDA

View Full Version : Standard Laydown?: Flopped Straight vs. superfish@3/6

gildwulf
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Opponent on turn is a superfish...as far as I'm concerned this is either a split pot or I'm way, way behind.

Thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 2551381765 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">Hero</font> is SB with <font color="black">Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> <font color="blue">9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (6 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">Hero</font> calls, BB checks,

Flop: (3.00 SB) <font color="black">T/images/graemlins/spade.gif</font> <font color="blue">J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> <font color="blue">K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">Hero</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="blue">Hero</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls,

Turn: (6.00 BB) <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">Hero</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, BB <font color="darkred">folds</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, <font color="blue">Hero</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Final Pot: 6.00 BB

Results below:
UTG+1 doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 6.00 BB.

wackjob
08-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Terrible fold. He could be on a set, 2 pair, or even the same hand as you. I will call down every time.

gildwulf
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Opponent has VPIP of 46% with .3 aggression factor. I am 99% sure he had an ace.

wackjob
08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I have no clue how anybody can be 99% sure of anything playing online poker.

kidcolin
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Why ask if you're so sure and deny a valid response?

ChromePony
08-17-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am 99% sure he had an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true then why bother to post, you clearly made the right decision.

gildwulf
08-17-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this sarcasm?

I posted to see how people would respond to a loose-passive player raising in this situation. I'm judging by the string of negative responses that this is a bad fold. Point taken.

TheMetetron
08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this sarcasm?

I posted to see how people would respond to a loose-passive player raising in this situation. I'm judging by the string of negative responses that this is a bad fold. Point taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you weren't 99% sure then?

kidcolin
08-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't hate the fold, I'm just questioning why you would post if your response to a reply saying 'call down' is "I'm 99% sure he has an ace." Well then of course fold.

arkady
08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
if you feel you cannot go on to a turn raise, check/call.

ChromePony
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt mean this to be negative, though yes perhaps some mild sarcasm did creep in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif . My point is in line with what a lot of other people have said, if you really are that certain that he has an ace then yes you need to let it go. The problem is that its hard to be that certain of anything, in the end this decision probably comes down to your read which something that you have the best insight on. Against an unknown I probably look him up, but if you have a strong enough read to be really convinced that he wouldnt do this without an ace then its a good laydown.

gildwulf
08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Does anyone think my straight is good here 1 in 4 times?