PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you double or triple up early?

Jdogg
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok I get this alot where I double or triple my chips before or during level 2, then I just kind of like to sit back and watch the table until later. The problem is I havent figured out when later is. So what I wonderring is when should I become aggressive again and should I be more all ins or just medium or large bets. It seems like when I get this situation I play too loose or too tight. Anyways any advice is much appreciated as always.

Thanks

Justin

08-17-2005, 05:02 PM
When your opponents get to the point when they have <10BB, you can put them allin.

This is EXTREMELY general though, many situations would say otherwise.

Jdogg
08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Also should I start getting more aggressive when stacks are catching up to me or have past me mainly to the other stacks or just stay normal until the bubble?

thanks
Justin

ChuckyB
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
If I double up early on, I don't really change much. I still like to play tight until the blinds get up around 100/200.

I'm a little more likely to attempt to steal an unwanted pot. My pre-flop bets and raises are still what they would be if I had an 800 stack.

I say if you get the cards with a big stack, beat people over the head with them. If not, just wait.

ChuckyB
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Don't worry about other stacks catching up. At that point it's absolutely necessary to have the biggest stack. The difference between 1900 and 1800 is pretty minimal. Just focus on playing well. The chips will take care of themselves.

Jdogg
08-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Great, I have pretty much been doing that except once and a while I get caught up in a hand that I shouldn't...

Thanks

Justin