PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone dip?

billymonk
08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Dip being the slang term for using smokeless tobacco.

If so, what are you dipping? Skoal? Copenhagen? Rooster? Timberwolf? Which flavours?

I'm in Canada so I really only get Skoal and Copenhagen with the occasional other brand.
As well, because of my location I only get the older brands, with apple flavour coming much later then the states got it.

Personally I stick to Skoal and will dip most of their flavours omit Mint which makes me sick since I swallowed it a while back, and their straight.

Billy

Sadat X
08-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Skoal straight cut on a special occasion.

Indiana
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I dipped in high school while on the wrestling team. Started with Hawken, moved up to copen...never could stomach the Kodiak...You gotta have balls to dip that stuff.....Every now and then (like 1 time a year) I will buy a pack of redman golden blend as I enjoy an occasional chew....Bad habits growing up in NC.

Indy

Boris
08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
kodiak

kasey2004
08-17-2005, 04:28 PM
yea yea... im 19 and ive been dippin for 4 years or so... I believe i have tried every single flavor of smokeless tobacco ever made. Copenhagen is my personal favorite for its simple satisfying taste. I like mint pouches when u just want something and no mess of shreds.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

billymonk
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will buy a pack of redman golden blend as I enjoy an occasional chew....Bad habits growing up in NC.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the flavour but I end up with the most ridiculously watery mouth when I chew.

Indiana
08-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Yah, it takes time to be a skilled chewer. I took a buddy golfing the other day and brought some stogies. He couldnt understand how i can hang a cigar in my mouth for an hour and not touch it and keep it lit...such an amateur tobaconist.

Indy

Joseph Busti
08-17-2005, 04:32 PM
I was actually able to quit 2 years but I dipped Copenhagen Snuff for 5 years.

billymonk
08-17-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yah, it takes time to be a skilled chewer. I took a buddy golfing the other day and brought some stogies. He couldnt understand how i can hang a cigar in my mouth for an hour and not touch it and keep it lit...such an amateur tobaconist.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I do need to work on it more. Finding it though is really hard around where I am.

Soul Daddy
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Kodiak, mostly. I occasionally get the Skoal Apple.

Indiana
08-17-2005, 05:02 PM
hard to find dip or chew? where do u live, thunder bay?

indy

billymonk
08-17-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Chew. Mississauga.
Where I'm originally from, around the Ottawa area, finding chew was a little easier.

08-17-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Chew. Mississauga.
Where I'm originally from, around the Ottawa area, finding chew was a little easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Doesn't every single convenience store/gas bar in Miss. have chew? Every other place in Ontario does. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Benal
08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Chew. Mississauga.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could it be HARDER to find in an area (Greater Toronto) 5 times the size of Ottawa?

tdarko
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
copenhagen and only cope. i don't know how people use skoal apple and all that [censored]?

levi garrett if i am going to chew.

Homer
08-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Dipping kicks ass (http://www.quitsmokeless.org/gallery/)

tdarko
08-17-2005, 06:39 PM
my buddy had surgery a few years back to remove some possibly cancerous spots on his gums, to celebrate his successful surgery me and a few other of his friends took a double lipper...one on the bottom one on the top. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

touchfaith
08-17-2005, 06:43 PM
I have no problems with dip, or people who do. I've got my own bad habits to worry about...

Just don't ask me for a [censored] glass or something to spit in while at my house.

That's just wrong on many many levels.

billymonk
08-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I ask myself the same question all the time. I haven't seen it in any convenience stores in the GTA that I've been in.

It's weird.

billymonk
08-17-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my buddy had surgery a few years back to remove some possibly cancerous spots on his gums, to celebrate his successful surgery me and a few other of his friends took a double lipper...one on the bottom one on the top. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a way to celebrate.

Weatherhead03
08-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Yup..tried skoal cherry a while back and thought it was absoultly brutal. 2 years ago my friend convinced me to try skoal mint and it wasnt that bad. Bought one tin of that and after that went straight to cope short which has been my stuff for the past 2 years.

P.s. I plan on quiting fairly soon before it gets to the point that I cant.

LotsOfOuts69
08-17-2005, 08:31 PM
I dip Skoal straight, long cut. I used to smoke, I smoked for about 6 years, I quit a month ago and haven't looked back, basically because I am still getting my nic fix through dipping. I need to quit this stuff too, it will probably be a little easier using the patch or something to quit dipping then quit smoking. I don't want to end up like the guys in those photos.

Dipping is enjoyable though, it keeps me from over eating, why does everything that is so sweet in this world have such bad consequences.

Anyone know how long before my lip falls off?

--LoO

Bradyams
08-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I tired it a few times in high school, but always got a stomach ache from it. Now the smell of it makes me wanna puke. It's just fantastic that this year I'm living with four other guys who all chew Cope. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

DasLeben
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I tried it a couple times in college, with the last time ending with me puking for about 20 minutes straight. I can't even smell the stuff without feeling naseous.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
packing lip is disgusting

end of thread.

johnc
08-17-2005, 09:01 PM
It seems "most" dippers graduate to Cope via Skoal (mostly). I personally prefer Cope hands down but find that the most places around my town pay absolutely zero attention to the dating and so I'm either forced to buy dip that's better off in museum or Skoal. But I've recently been trying Cope Black (in a plastic can), it's burbon flavored (slight and not overwhelming) and it's a nice alternative.

MagicMan08
08-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Apple is good, peach is okay, mint is solid. I don't seem to be able to go through is fast enough tho. It always dries out.

I personally like Skoal Berry the best tho

08-17-2005, 10:28 PM
In 7th grade I accidently swallowed a dip of Skoal. Later I puked in the trashcan in Mrs. Major's math class. I never touched the stuff again

tmoore44
08-17-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

P.s. I plan on quiting fairly soon before it gets to the point that I cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said the same thing about 6 years ago. Still packing away with Skoal longcut Wintergreen. I couldn't tell you the last time I played [that which is not mentioned in this forum] without it.

tdarko
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems "most" dippers graduate to Cope via Skoal (mostly)

[/ QUOTE ]
it's like drinking natty light and then realizing it sucks and there is better beer out there. i chewed first, so it was levi then cope for me.
[ QUOTE ]
But I've recently been trying Cope Black (in a plastic can), it's burbon flavored (slight and not overwhelming) and it's a nice alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't like it, maybe i should give it another try?

mwilli31
08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Just got done diiping, but i'm [censored] drunk and that's the only reason i did it. Otherwise, i dip like 2-3 times year, and i'm from WV, that very few compared to the average in this state i'm sure. and btw, espn is here tomorrow at SNOW SHOE, not SNOW SHOW you dumbass espn moran's. get the name [censored] right.

Talk2BigSteve
08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dip being the slang term for using smokeless tobacco.

If so, what are you dipping? Skoal? Copenhagen? Rooster? Timberwolf? Which flavours?

I'm in Canada so I really only get Skoal and Copenhagen with the occasional other brand.
As well, because of my location I only get the older brands, with apple flavour coming much later then the states got it.

Personally I stick to Skoal and will dip most of their flavours omit Mint which makes me sick since I swallowed it a while back, and their straight.

Billy

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried one time and never again.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Weatherhead03
08-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Haha..I can't play without it either. But anyways about the quiting. I've been saying it for about 6 months and each time I delay it a bit more but one day I know ill wake up and just give it up. At least I hope.

Weatherhead03
08-18-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems "most" dippers graduate to Cope via Skoal (mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Skoal has a candy flavour (no tobacco companies dont target teenagers) while copenhagen has a stronger taste that you have to grow used to. After you get over the taste of the stuff and need more of the nic then you graduate to copenhagen which I find cures the craving more-so than skoal does. Also after chewing short cut for 2 years, everytime I try skoal it cuts the [censored] outa my lip. Anyone else find that as well?

nuSFwck
08-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Has anyone tried the new "diptops" that are sold? I found them at a gas station the other day, it attaches to the top of beer/soda cans. It converts aluminum cans into great spitters if you're ever in a pinch /images/graemlins/spade.gif

chuddo
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
dipping is disgusting to me.

i tried it once as a kid and hated it and never tried again for probably 10 years.

a few months ago a friend of mine had a few trial cans of flavored pouches he had received from a boat show he had been at.

he had never tried the stuff either since being a kid, so we said F it and threw in a bandit a piece.

the taste was awful, the smell putrid. after 5 minutes my throat began to burn. we both started getting a pretty heavy head buzz though, which was decent.

however every time i would go to spit, the taste was disgusting. so we gave up, and that will probably the last time until we randomly try it again on a lark.

OtisTheMarsupial
08-18-2005, 02:48 AM
dipping is disgusting

Ray Zee
08-18-2005, 03:00 AM
its really cool when you are young. you get that big lump in your lip and look real cool. it gets hard to quit also.

then when you get older and have mouth cancer and lose most of your teeth from your gums deteriorating. you wish you never started. then your sex life ends as well. have fun.

JaysonWeberFCP
08-18-2005, 06:23 AM
it took me 2 years to quit.. Blame Babe Ruth Baseball.. The Umpires Didnt say a WORD! I quit 2 months ago before my move to Vegas... who said moving to vegas wasn't +EV in things other than Poker /images/graemlins/wink.gif

craig r
08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
When I was in highschool I smoked cigarrettes (I started in junior high)...well I couldn't go all day without a smoke. Sometimes I would use the bathroom and smoke at the same time (God, how was I so fing cool?). Anyways, I was always getting "in school suspension", you know where they put you in a room all day, for skipping school. During these times I would dip, because there was no way to smoke at all (and I tried every method). Eventually I found a fool proof way to be able to smoke when the principal gave me ISS..which was not go to that either. They eventually would suspend me for skipping school (it was a tough punishment to bear).

Oh, and back to my point...i would get so nauseous from dipping. But I had to have my nicotine.

craig

08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
I dip nachos.

codewarrior
08-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Kodiak

cadillac1234
08-18-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
packing lip is disgusting

end of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stand even chewing gum.

I still remember my old Okie relatives (men and women) chewing plug tobacco, playing 42 and spitting into Folgers cans...

johnc
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems "most" dippers graduate to Cope via Skoal (mostly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Skoal has a candy flavour (no tobacco companies dont target teenagers) while copenhagen has a stronger taste that you have to grow used to. After you get over the taste of the stuff and need more of the nic then you graduate to copenhagen which I find cures the craving more-so than skoal does. Also after chewing short cut for 2 years, everytime I try skoal it cuts the [censored] outa my lip. Anyone else find that as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most definately. My lip gets pretty irritated after a couple big dips. The rumor used to be that Skoal (or was it Happy Days?) had fiberglass in it!!! I believe it's the cut b/c Cope's so much finer thus easier on the lip.

Weatherhead03
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rumor used to be that Skoal (or was it Happy Days?) had fiberglass in it

[/ QUOTE ]

They both do..they have small amounts of fiberglass in it to cut your lip so the nic can be absorbed a lot faster.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe it's the cut b/c Cope's so much finer thus easier on the lip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it is the cut and I think its because your lip gets use to the short cut or the long cut, whichever you decided to chew and when you switch it up thats when it starts to hurt and irritate your lip.