PDA

View Full Version : Overcards hit with Turn Raise

waynethetrain
08-17-2005, 04:01 PM
I have two questions on this hand.

1. Am I supposed to bet this turn when the J/images/graemlins/club.gif (3rd club) fell?

- I bet because I figured there was still a good chance I was ahead, had some fold equity, and didn't want to give a free card.

2. Am I supposed to fold to this turn raise?

- Figured that I didn't have 6 outs because there was at least some chance he already had the flush.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Henke
08-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Betting the turn is fine, you're rooting for your opponent to fold. Once it's raised, folding is fine. It's not just the flush that you're drawing dead to.

moose47
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Looks well played to my untrained eyes. Even if you improve on the river two of your outs put 4 clubs on board. There is a high probability you are drawing dead or drawing extremely slim. Betting the turn is fine because there is a good chance you still have the best hand but when faced with a checkraise there is nothing you can beat but a bluff.

Disconnected
08-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Looks good to me. The turn sucks. You can't really call the check-raise, but you don't want to give a single club a free river, either.