PDA

View Full Version : 109 QQ - How's my line?

WebGuySteve
08-17-2005, 03:25 PM
No reads. What do you do on the turn? I intended to induce a bluff here, same thing with the river check. His check on the turn tells me almost nothing, however, combined with the push, it seems weak to me. What do you guys think? Call? Fold?

***** Hand History for Game 2551110376 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:14921744 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Wednesday, August 17, 15:17:28 EDT 2005
Table Table 39820 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: TLT45 ( $930 )
Seat 2: Ka52_Hokum ( $945 )
Seat 3: mikelokey ( $250 )
Seat 4: josh17333 ( $845 )
Seat 5: johnjmcgowan ( $1065 )
Seat 6: kbywjra ( $2255 )
Seat 7: EvetsYugBew1 ( $1085 )
Seat 8: G1vMeMyMoney ( $985 )
Seat 9: simplyrich88 ( $1025 )
Seat 10: Ted_McLester ( $615 )
Trny:14921744 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to EvetsYugBew1 [ Qh Qc ]
josh17333 folds.
johnjmcgowan folds.
kbywjra folds.
EvetsYugBew1 raises [90].
G1vMeMyMoney folds.
simplyrich88 calls [90].
Ted_McLester folds.
TLT45 folds.
Ka52_Hokum folds.
mikelokey folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 9s, 5s ]
>You have options at Table 44802 Table!.
EvetsYugBew1 bets [175].
simplyrich88 calls [175].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
EvetsYugBew1 checks.
simplyrich88 checks.
** Dealing River ** [ Jc ]
EvetsYugBew1 checks.
>You have options at Table 44802 Table!.
simplyrich88 is all-In [760]
EvetsYugBew1 ??

pearljam
08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
I would call, I also like the way you played the hand up to this point.

Unarmed
08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
I play the hand exactly the same way and happily call the river. You're only worried about the flush here, as PPs/sets normally raise the flop to protect their hand, and even if they took this line would likely check behind on that river. The flush often raises allin on the flop as well, making it less likely he actually has the goods here.

From his perspective, he sees someone raise PF, c-bet the flop, and then completely shut down on the turn and river. You're representing a whiffed AK or a petrified overpair, meaning he doesn't need much of a hand to make this bet. I call and expect to see AK/AQ, a stupidly played AJ, or an evilly played flush. Sorry if he showed you the latter, but I really think you have to make this call unless Villain knows your game inside out.

I don't block the river here (I rarely do anyway in any case on SNG stacks as your downside just isn't that painful) because a t200 bet combined with the turn check looks a touch too obvious IMO.

If someone wants to chime in on interpreting bet sizes, please do, as I'm still a complete rookie in this regard. Level 1 thinking is, he bet big, he just wants to take it down. Level 2 would be: he's betting big, and he knows I know it looks like a bluff, so its probably not a bluff.

Basically what I'm saying is I'd need a pretty good read to fold here. If you told me that there's no way he has AK/AQ/AJ here after your flop bet, then I think I could find a fold as he'd likely check behind on the river to showdown whatever made hand he has as cheaply as possible. Likewise, if he knows you're capable of inducing and looking up massive bluffs, then I could let it go, etc etc.

Karak567
08-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Unarmed is a genius, listen to him.

*runs away with a brown nose*

But seriously, I totally agree with what he said. What flush is going to bet this hard on the river? A flush wants a call and he is going to give you the pot odds to call.

I think the guy you are playing either has a great read on you that you will call and he has a made flush (and this is rare) or he is bluffing.

I call.

freemoney
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
you are getting 2-1 on your money and are ahead id say 60% of the time, so pretty easy call.

bigt439
08-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Doesn't anyone think our hand is way too vulnerable to be checking this turn? You just gave 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif a 38% chance to beat you. Not his likely holding I'll give you that much, but I think this makes a good point about hands that would fold to a turn bet drawing to a ton of outs on their free river card. Not only that, you're going to have no idea where you are if he hits one of his river outs because so many of them can be totally hidden or unlikely (for example its even hard to play a k /images/graemlins/diamond.gif river, because he could be bluffing or value betting his random K). There are just too many hands he could get to the turn with to not bet it, especially with three spades. You'll whiff your check raise alot because many of his hands will check behind. As for the river I think calling makes sense because you've looked so weak this entire hand and he looks like he's stealing, but I think this line backfires alot, and hey we're not always right on this river either.

WebGuySteve
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Anyone else with some thoughts?

lastchance
08-17-2005, 07:29 PM
I think this line is a good line, compared to betting the turn OOP or something.

Gotta call the river after checking on the turn and river though.

raptor517
08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
this is an excellent line, and you should be happy to call the shove. with a flush.. i dont know if he would shove.. most people for some reason try to get value out of it.. unless.. hes actually very good, and knows that you will think the shove is weaker and call with a weaker hand.. meh. i call here, dont see any reason id fold. holla

Ogre
08-17-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the hand exactly the same way and happily call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

ilya
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Dude took you to the cleaners with a set!

octaveshift
08-17-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unarmed is a genius, listen to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have been totally blow away by his posts lately.

Unarmed rocks a cheetah's ass.