PDA

View Full Version : Any Absolute Players or Bonus Chasers: Is this deal worth doing?

BigDave
08-17-2005, 03:25 PM
I signed up at absolute last month while clearing points at a promotional site, and I do not remember much about my experience. At other sites, I mainly play 1/2 limit when clearing bonuses and 10+1 SNG's when not.

I got this email from them today, and curious what you think about this deal.

----------------------------------------------------
Hello Dave,

Here is a reminder that this GREAT offer will expire August 19th at midnight! I would like to see you back at the tables.

Please keep in mind this is a special promotion that is not available on our website or advertised anywhere else. This offer is valid only for player XXXXX. Don’t hesitate to inquire with any questions or comments.

- With your next deposit of $100 or more you will receive:

- 20% added to your pending bonus account!

- VIP seat in any two of Sunday’s $1k AP Challenge Main events!

- $10 CASH entry for Sunday’s $10k Guaranteed!

Make it $250 or more and we’ll throw in a FREE $20 entry into our Lucky $13k Thursday Guaranteed Tourney!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

SuitedSixes
08-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I should quit playing at Absolute so they will be nice to me.

grjr
08-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I've heard of others who have gotten that deal. It's a really good deal and you should take it if you have the spare money to throw in there for a week or so.

KKbluff
08-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I got that same email a while back but didnt take it and a few weeks later they sent me and even better offer (including a 5% instant bonus that can be cashed out immediatly in addition to all the stuff they offered in your email.)

lefty rosen
08-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I swear Absolute is run by the Cali drug cartel. There is no way they care to have a profit margin like Party. How many bonuses does the site run? Plus this stuff. They must have the tiniest profit margin imaginable. I suspect even that is huge considering the operating costs........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wmspringer
08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Hmm...I got this also, but the deposits they wanted were 500/750

Haven't been playing there because the bonus clears so slowly in SnGs

SteveM
08-18-2005, 12:24 AM
I did this deal last week. They called and then followed up with the e-mail. It was a good deal. FWIW the $10 is just cash put into your account right away. They say it is for the $10K guaranteed tourney but you can just keep the money if you prefer. Make sure to reply to the e-mail after you deposit. Then the VIP seats and $10 bonus will get taken care of. GL

KKbluff
08-18-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I swear Absolute is run by the Cali drug cartel. There is no way they care to have a profit margin like Party. How many bonuses does the site run? Plus this stuff. They must have the tiniest profit margin imaginable. I suspect even that is huge considering the operating costs........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect they are trying to GROW their player base at this point in their business cycle. Im sure once they reach a higher level of steady players they will slow down on these bonuses.
I run weekly tourneys for absolute and talk with one of their agents almost weekly and she alluded to this as well.
I wouldnt expect these bonuses to last forever at this constistant rate, but who knows how long till they slow them down...

BigDave
08-18-2005, 12:32 AM
DOH! Should have held out. I deposited about 5 minutes before your message.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

grjr
08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...I got this also, but the deposits they wanted were 500/750

Haven't been playing there because the bonus clears so slowly in SnGs

[/ QUOTE ]

I just now got the 500/750 offer. I guess I'll wait a while and see if they improve on it.