PDA

View Full Version : How to bet multiple MLB games?

Bill C
08-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I am pretty new to baseball betting, and I have a question on how to bet several games. I'd really enjoy hearing any good opinions, and especially from MrBaseball or Whipsaw, who seem to be pretty solid fundamental guys.

Fot today I had five games marked. This is probably about three too many, but there they are. One game is already under way.

My best two are:

Min (Santana) -108 @ Chi
SF (Lowry) -102 @ Cinci

The other three are:

Det (Bonderman) +125
Arizona (Webb) +146
Toronto (Towers) +145

I really don't have a solid idea of how to play them.
Here's what I DID:

One unit on each of the top two, and a half-unit parlay on them.
One half unit on each of the other three.

Tell me... Whatcha gonna do?
Thanks for any/all helpful thoughts.

bill /images/graemlins/cool.gif

craig r
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Why would you parlay these? I am not saying not to (though I wouldn't), but do you even know why you would?

craig

Bill C
08-18-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you parlay these? I am not saying not to (though I wouldn't), but do you even know why you would?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't.

As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm new to this and trying to learn.
My thought was they were two solid plays, and this was a way to increase my yield from them.

Since you think that was not a good idea, I'd appreciate hearing, in some depth, why it was not, and how you bet multiple selections.

bill

craig r
08-18-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't.

As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm new to this and trying to learn.
My thought was they were two solid plays, and this was a way to increase my yield from them.

Since you think that was not a good idea, I'd appreciate hearing, in some depth, why it was not, and how you bet multiple selections.

bill

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't parlay anything unless it is correlated. But two different games have no correlation. So, you are better off doing three things: a) if the games are going to happen at the same time or one is not going to be over by the time the second starts make two straight bets b) if they are going to be happening at two seperate times...if you really want to parlay it...then take the winnings from game 1 + the original bet and bet it on game 2. c) even if they are happening at completely different times just straight bet them both. I would pick C.

Why would I pick C, because they aren't correlated. Now, I don't want to go into too much info here about correlated plays in baseball, but if you look at a few other sports betting websites you will see what I am talking about.

Since you are just starting out, don't vary your bets unless your bankroll warrants it. You aren't experienced enough to know whether one bet is better than another. So, always bet the same amount. I do think it is okay to vary bets based on edge, but not until you can prove that you can tell your edge.

One good thing that you did do is bet mainly dogs. That is the better idea in almost all sports.

Also, make sure you use at least 4 or 5 books. Getting the best line is key in sportsbetting. Line shopping is 50% of sportsbetting.

I guess that is it for now. Also, Private Message me if you want. I can tell you about a few other things. And I promise, I am not a tout or scamster, I am not going to try to sell you anything.

Hope this helps.

craig

mrbaseball
08-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Nice picks! I typically just bet one unit per game. On games I really think I have lots of edge on I'll go up to 1.5 or 2 and weaker plays typically get a half or a quarter but I really don't vary it a lot.