PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Poker 3/6 river decision

samdash
03-31-2003, 02:31 AM
This is a $3/6 hand I played on PP.

Early limper, Middle position raiser. I look down at JcJs on the button and 3-bet. Blinds and limper fold original raiser calls.

Flop is Qh 7h 2s. Player checks, I bet, player calls. Turn Qs. Player checks, I bet, player calls.

River Kh. Player checks. Check behind or bet?

samdash
03-31-2003, 02:33 AM
I bet, the other player called, and my hand was good. Most likely hands I can think of are pocket 9's or T's or maybe AJ.

elysium
03-31-2003, 02:47 AM
hi sam'
check behind here.

TobDog
03-31-2003, 02:48 AM
I would think about a free showdown here, if you have the best hand and you bet, what is your opponent going to call with, you also have to know your opponent, he may call all rivers too, but not likely. More often than not, I think with that board, what did he raise with, AA, AK, AQ, AJ, KK, probably not QQ because they would be all out, JJ, TT, maybe 99. What of those hands will he call you with on the river AK, KK, AQ(wins for him) maybe TT or 99(wins for you), but not with ant of the other ones( a sane opponent were assuming). I think long-term here when you bet here you are giving some of that $ back to your opponent,

BB King's
03-31-2003, 03:59 AM
... the hand- history ???

Most likely hands I can think of are pocket 9's or T's or maybe AJ.

I would check.

Ed Miller
03-31-2003, 08:19 AM
You have a clear river check here. You are hoping he has a hand like TT and is calling you down hoping you are pushing AK. Now he can't hope for that anymore. And you can't hope that he was calling with AK. You are just asking to get checkraised if you bet here.

samdash
03-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah...when I posted this I thought it was marginal, and now I can see that it was a completely foolish bet. I wish I would have checked the hand history.