PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Small Edges :::: Solid Post Flop play does Raptor know?

Maulik
08-17-2005, 02:04 PM
In the spirit of Dave getting lots of respones I figure I'd throw his name in here.

My impression from my play is that you can beat lots of games via ICM & push/fold, nothing new here. I'm under the impression a great way to pick up chips early is to play hands post-flop, oh joy. Nothing new here.

Is it worth playing cash games to learn post-flop or just experiment in SNGs w/ some different plays & bother some of you guys for HHs where post-flop play helped you build your stack, slighly or a lot, fwiw.

gumpzilla
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is it worth playing cash games to learn post-flop or just experiment in SNGs w/ some different plays & bother some of you guys for HHs where post-flop play helped you build your stack, slighly or a lot, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly don't need to play cash games, though it will be easier to get a large number of deeper stacked hands there. Loosen up a little bit in position early on in SNGs and start figuring out when you can keep going/how to exercise some pot control with marginal hands. Your results will probably take a short term dip, but you'll learn enough to make it worthwhile.