PDA

View Full Version : Implications of the 75/150 blinds at $200 SnGs?

FoxwoodsFiend
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Searched through the archives and couldn't find anything since late June, so I figured I'd ask now that there's been more time to analyze the new 75/150 levels on the Party SnGs.
I stopped playing SnGs to move to cash games right after the new level was added but now I'm getting back into them. My questions, all for the $200 level please:
1) Has there been any significant change in ROI and ITM for regular players since the level was added?
2) Is there any significant change in strategy that must be made or is it just the same as before?
3) How has your hourly rate been affected?
In addition, I am wondering if the sit and gos have tightened up any in the last few months, as they seemed to towards the end.
Sorry if this is a useless post, but I ran really badly right as the 75/150 level was added and I'm trying to see if there are any adjustments I need to make or if it was just bad lucks.

J-Lo
08-17-2005, 03:43 PM
i'm a $55 player, and noticed u MUST be more patient

before, making wreckless plays at the 50-100 level w/ 800 chips was reasonable, because you dont want to have 500 after the blinds pass u at the next level-- now u can wait w/ 800 chips, very comfortably at lvl 4/5. patience for starters is a must

next, ITM play is a bit deeper, 8-15x BB deep, which means all in is usually fine, but u can be MORE correct in seeing some flops and stealing after the flop when the pot gets a little bigger.