PDA

View Full Version : busted lip

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 12:47 PM
so over the weekend i got a fairly deep cut on my lip, some blood, teeth numb for a bit. i went to the ER and got it checked out but none of my teeth were loose and it was just a cut. the cut is actually quite small, just deep, and its not going to scar or anything. so how it looks is not the issue, that fine.

the issue is that i have this cut on the inside of my upper lip thats not getting any better, its like a razor thin cut that won't heal. everytime my tongue runs over it, i get a sharp pain. i cant smile or laugh because that moves the corners of my mouth over and stretches that skin, and really, really really hurts. also drinking anything citrusy, OJ, tons of pain there. brushing my teeth is all but impossible.

so this has been a huge pain the last 5 days, for 18 hours a day every 30 seconds i get a sharp pain in my lip and when something touches it the wrong way its incredibly painful. im seeing a dentist in like 2 weeks, generally im in the "im fine i'll walk off the broken leg" camp but this is actually starting to worry me since its been almost a week and its not getting any better. anyone have any advice, other than take vicodin or something? i'm not planning on that.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Try anbesol. Or any of the toothache painkillers. You could also try one of the similar topical painkillers made for teething babies.

lu_hawk
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
i'm sure everyone has had that happen where they get a cut in their mouth and it won't heal because it is in a part of your mouth that moves a lot or food touches it or whatever. it's annoying when it happens. just concentrate on not touching it, hopefully it will heal within a week or so.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
its been 6 days, and its gotten worse. ive done everything i can to forget about it, then i move my mouth the wrong way and AAHHHHH that hurts.

this is a lot worse than a cold sore or something, i think theres actually an abraison inside my lip. not fun.

bosoxfan
08-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Put a band-aid on it

lu_hawk
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
maybe a doctor or a dentist can apply something to it that sticks to the top and would prevent it from being rubbed?

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try anbesol. Or any of the toothache painkillers. You could also try one of the similar topical painkillers made for teething babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. its not really the gums though, its the inside of my lip. ill try anything though, this is really dragging on and hurting.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. its not really the gums though, its the inside of my lip. ill try anything though, this is really dragging on and hurting.

[/ QUOTE ]

it'll work on your lip, and the point is it's safe inside your mouth. this stuff completely numbs the area.

gorie
08-17-2005, 01:00 PM
it'll just take time to heal i am sure. like when i got braces my whole mouth was cut up and sore for 2 months before my mouth got use to it.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe a doctor or a dentist can apply something to it that sticks to the top and would prevent it from being rubbed?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what im thinking. that would help, in terms of stopping my tongue from hurting it and similar things. though the most painful part is when i smile or laugh, its impossible. thats when that area (apparently called the filtrum, under your nose) gets pulled horizontally. that is crazy pain.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it'll work on your lip, and the point is it's safe inside your mouth. this stuff completely numbs the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good.

btw its really hard to start up conversations with women if you cant smile, and every time they make a joke you wince in pain. theyre not big on that.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw its really hard to start up conversations with women if you cant smile, and every time they make a joke you wince in pain. theyre not big on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing you're paying them anyway then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cancer Merchant
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Superglue the split part together. Apply painkiller as necessary.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing you're paying them anyway then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

harhar /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HopeydaFish
08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're generally not interested in getting busy with dudes with big open sores in their mouths either. Women are funny that way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tdarko
08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
a few years back i was sucker punched in the mouth. i went to a plastic surgeon b/c the split was so bad, i ended up with 18 stitches in my upper lip and they had to scrap the roof of my mouth (took that skin) to replace a hole in my gumline.

i think you will be ok. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerdirty
08-17-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a few years back i was sucker punched in the mouth. i went to a plastic surgeon b/c the split was so bad, i ended up with 18 stitches in my upper lip and they had to scrap the roof of my mouth (took that skin) to replace a hole in my gumline.

i think you will be ok. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

pussy.