PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands, 75 big bets!

JTG51
03-31-2003, 12:34 AM
My good friend (and fellow 2+2er) JoeU and I headed down to Mohegan Sun to see what kind of trouble we could get into. I had a wild run of three hands like nothing I've ever seen. There probably isn't a lot to learn here, but I'm sharing anyway.

Hand 1: I'm in the BB with A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . 4 limpers, SB completes, I check. 6 SBs in the pot.

Flop: A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

SB bets, I raise, 2 cold callers and SB calls. 14 SBs in the pot.

Turn: [A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

I bet, everyone calls. 11 BBs in the pot.

River: [A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

SB bets, I raise. 2 cold callers, SB 3-bets and I cap. Everyone calls again, SB tries to raise but calls when the dealer tells him it's been capped. I win a 25 BB pot.

Hand 2: I folded my SB and get A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif on the button. 2 limpers to me, I raise. SB folds, BB and limpers call. 8 SBs in the pot.

Flop: Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, SB calls and BB check raises. I 3-bet, SB calls, BB caps it. We both call. 20 SBs in the pot.

Turn: [Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, SB folds and BB calls. 16 BBs in the pot.

River: [Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ] 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

BB checks and calls. I win an 18 BB pot.

Hand 3: The very next hand, I limp with 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif after 3 limpers. Button limps, SB folds and BB raises. Everyone calls. 12 SBs in the pot.

Flop: 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB bets, EP1, EP2, and MP call, I raise. Button cold calls, BB calls, EP1 and EP 2 call and MP 3-bets. I cap it and everyone calls. 36 SBs in the pot.

Turn: [7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to MP who bets. I raise. Button, BB, EP1 and MP call. 28 BBs in the pot.

RIver: [7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet and everyone calls. I win a 33 BB pot.

Wow was that fun. Three hands, 75 BBs. It ended up being my best session ever, 66 BBs. JoeU and I took 90 BBs profit off the table in just over 3 hours. Too bad we were playing 3/6... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Bob T.
03-31-2003, 01:31 AM
Nice hands, I think you played them all well, but even knowing that you won them all, I thought that you needed to be concerned about a bigger full house, but with a four bet cap, and all of those callers, I would have gone ahead and capped it.

JTG51
03-31-2003, 01:38 AM
...I thought that you needed to be concerned about a bigger full house...

Are you talking about hand 1 or 3? I'm assuming you mean the flop action in hand 3.

Tyler Durden
03-31-2003, 10:13 AM
In Hand 2, I think I'd smoothcall the turn bet for deception. Not saying it's right, but I'd definitely consider it. Did you consider it?

PokerPrince
03-31-2003, 11:52 AM
Nice hit man, good for you. All hands were played to perfection. Now get to the 30-60 and do that!!!! lol.

PokerPrince

PokerPrince
03-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Low limit + deception = loss of currency

PokerPrince

JTG51
03-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Now get to the 30-60 and do that!!!!

LOL, thanks. I have a feeling I might not get quite as much action at 30/60. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

JTG51
03-31-2003, 01:48 PM
Did you consider it?

It crossed my mind, but I tend to agree with PokerPrince. In general, the lower the limit the more straight forward I play.

oddjob
03-31-2003, 01:58 PM
well said, in such few words. i think this is something a lot of people need to learn.

Bob T.
03-31-2003, 02:00 PM
NO, I was actually talking about hand 1, but when I look back, the only hands that are dangerous, are AA, KK, and 88, and there was no preflop raise, so 88 is the only possibility, and they would have had to call a flop bet with AK on board, I don't think so, good read.

In hand three, the flop action could very well be from a big overpair, so I am not really concerned especially when there is little response to your turn bet.

JTG51
03-31-2003, 02:08 PM
...so 88 is the only possibility, and they would have had to call a flop bet with AK on board, I don't think so, good read.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't the least bit concerned about losing that one until the SB tried to 5-bet the river.

One funny part I left out, after everyone but SB called my 4-bet, I turned over my hand. I realized right away that he handn't acted yet and covered my cards up. He definitely saw my cards, then he tried to 5-bet. At that point I started to worry. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It turns out he misread the board and thought I had 2 pair.

In hand three, the flop action could very well be from a big overpair, so I am not really concerned especially when there is little response to your turn bet.

When MP bet into me on the turn and I raised, he said, "I hope you don't have the straight flush." I was a little worried about him having 87 at that point. It turns out BB had an overpair (I'm not sure which) and MP had 74s for trips and a rivered straight. I don't know what all the callers had.

Tyler Durden
03-31-2003, 03:41 PM

JoeU
03-31-2003, 06:51 PM
JTG, we indeed had a great trip yesterday. I think next Sunday, we'll have a repeat performance in the 30-60 game /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

One thing that was mentioned here earlier is that the lower the limit, the more straight forward you should play. I think he did this to perfection having witnessed it all. What amazed me more was the fact that no one believed him when he would cap any betting round!

Great Day!, Lets do it again real soon!

Joe