PDA

View Full Version : Warning labels are not included...

12-16-2001, 12:13 PM
Delusions of grandeur, that's what you get in the long run, when you start down the trail of winning ugly. You're a serious poker player, there is no doubt about your quest for excellence. Just sometimes you get an urge to step out of line and play them rags from any position. We are not judging you, we are just bring the issue into the light of reality. Why is winning ugly bad for your complexion?

Winning always feels good! When you add beating an annoying individual with an ugly hand into the equation, then it feels even better. Watching his lips flapping about how ridiculous you are for playing the hand. How he'll own you, if you keep playing that way, makes the game so much more exciting. Because you know it was just one ugly hand, just to kill the boredom. There my friends lies the rub...

When was the last time you ate just one potato chip, had just one cigarette after quitting two days ago? No my friend, no one tastes the forbidden fruit and walks away unchanged. Winning ugly is the first step to your next statistical cleansing. Why do you think the real pro's, the guys who write the books say, "You must mix up your play, sometimes play a inferior hand out of position, raise with it so you are not so predictable."

Give me a break, now there's another prim example of how they set us up for the kill. Only a pro can win ugly once and go back to being no action. The rest of us fall into the winning ugly trap. We all know the story of Adam and Eve, she ate the apple and that wasn't good enough she had Adam eat the apple also. What happened next is history, and playing ugly hands to the winners circle has the same results for us. Todays advice is stay away from ugly hands they have away of bitting you in the buttox.

SPM,...ouch...

12-16-2001, 12:16 PM
one of your very best..gl..and happy holidays...gl