PDA

View Full Version : Elois or Morlock

bad beetz
08-17-2005, 12:14 PM
In H.G. Wells "The Time Machine,"

The Elois are beautiful. They frolic in the sun, they eat fruit and bone each other all day long and hold hands. They can't read and don't care, they are as happy as happy gets.

The Ugly ass Morlocks, when the Elois reach a certain age, lure them to their cave with a sirens call and eat them.

Which would you rather be:

BZ_Zorro
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I'd rather be Jeremy Irons.

jman220
08-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Live in a cave and eat hippies. And its not even close.

ThinkQuick
08-18-2005, 02:37 AM
You know, in scarface, how Tony Montana actually had "the world.. and everything in it" just like he wanted, except he died young...
I think it's an interesting choice, but even though I'd love all his stuff, and love frolicking endlessly, I'd still pick a long life over it. Can't explain that just yet tho

Spaded
08-18-2005, 04:40 AM
The morlocks don't have their own standards of beauty? The morlocks must be happy in their caves, that's where they've been for millenia! They've adapted to it, so it's cool with them. The morlock women are things of beauty if you are a morlock male and you have been conditioned to be attracted to them. Plus there's the added bonus of the traditional ritual of luring the elois to your caves to slaughter them in gleeful delight and reckless abandon. Life is good as a morlock.

PairTheBoard
08-18-2005, 05:16 AM
What they don't show you in the movie is that part of Morlock romance involves eating large amounts of their sex partner's excrement. They have evolved this practice, which is as disgusting to them as it sounds to us, for purposes of population control and to supplement their greasy Elois diet. Also, all Morlocks over the age of 23 are thrown into acid vats for use in the manufacture of rat poision that's required to keep at bay the real rulers of the planet who's favorite desert course is Morlock babies sleeping in the dank of the Morlock caves.

PairTheBoard

ChipWrecked
08-18-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What they don't show you in the movie is that part of Morlock romance involves eating large amounts of their sex partner's excrement.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the Morlocks are German. Gotcha.

erby
08-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Anyone find it kind of funny that the image of a Morlock could be an analogy for all those internet players 8-tabling in their basement, feeding off of rich fish?

Just a thought...

ERBY /images/graemlins/spade.gif