PDA

View Full Version : A question for non-American players

coffeecrazy1
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Do you find it difficult to play using American dollars? I realize that when you are in live games in your locale, you play in your currency, but in internet games and trips to the States, do you find it hard to keep the exchange rate in mind? Do you ever look at the dollars and either tighten up or loosen up(depending on the currency...I would wonder if you get really loose if you are from England)?

Guernica4000
08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
No. I have gambled in many countries around the world and regardless of the currency or exchange I always figure that if I buy in for "X" and I cash out "X x 2, 10, 20..." I am happy.

Tuben
08-17-2005, 12:41 PM
No never think about it.

$1 is 8 times more in my cuntry .

Why should i. It isnt money for me anyway.

Piemaster
08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Not really. I tend not to really think about the actual cash amounts when I am playing. All that matters is how large the blinds are in relation to my bankroll, both of which are in dollars.

When I am actually working out how much I earn in real term, I just divide by 1.8 or whatever to get the result. Of course, by that stage I am well away from the table and it doesn't affect my play.

yvesaint
08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think in $, I think in BBs.

poker-penguin
08-17-2005, 01:39 PM
No. I actually find it difficult to work in Canadian dollars.

I'm from New Zealand so CDN is a foreign currency to me.
Poker is in USD.
Our business runs in USD.

I play boss media sometimes and all the different currencies there do confuse me sometimes - 3/6 GBP is a much better game to play than 3/6 turkish is all else is fairly equal.

But once I start playing, it's all BBs.

jkkkk
08-17-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think in $, I think in BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

meow_meow
08-17-2005, 03:02 PM
No, but add the end of the month it's really nice to add 20% to my profit.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-17-2005, 03:39 PM
No, for the same reason I don't find it difficult to switch between 1-2 and 5-10. My red chips play the same as my white chips. As long as you are sufficiently rolled for the limits you are playing, it doesn't matter the actual $$ value of the chips you're throwing around. Personally, I find single chip games easier for counting the bets in the pot. I really need more experience at 10-20.

08-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Not during play but between the sessions it's ether really good or really bad when you multiply your win/loss x8.