PDA

View Full Version : QQ level 1

stillbr
08-17-2005, 11:37 AM
party $22 NL

First hand. Here is my thought process. Good or bad?

I'm in MP3

MP1 makes it 55, I raise to 100 planning on folding if he re-raises me (anybody ever call here?) Button calls. MP1 calls.

---now I pretty much know i have the best hand. I will make 1 stab at the pot if an overcard falls. If someone starts betting/raising I'm through. If I get called I'm going to check the turn, and re-evaluate if someone gives some action.

Flop comes 5h 9d 5d (pot is 325)

MP1 checks (I'm thinking AK/AQ/AJ). I bet 200. Button clicks the raise button to 400(I'm thinking Ad/big card of diamonds; or a medium pocket pair. MP1 folds. I push right?

Maulik
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
triple his raise PF.

If he pushes auto-call because this is a $22 tourney. I'll take my shot at losing this hand everytime because the chance I'm ahead is far better than the likihood being behind.

kyro
08-17-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
party $22 NL

First hand. Here is my thought process. Good or bad?

I'm in MP3

MP1 makes it 55, I raise to 100 planning on folding if he re-raises me (anybody ever call here?) Button calls. MP1 calls.

---now I pretty much know i have the best hand. I will make 1 stab at the pot if an overcard falls. If someone starts betting/raising I'm through. If I get called I'm going to check the turn, and re-evaluate if someone gives some action.

Flop comes 5h 9d 5d (pot is 325)

MP1 checks (I'm thinking AK/AQ/AJ). I bet 200. Button clicks the raise button to 400(I'm thinking Ad/big card of diamonds; or a medium pocket pair. MP1 folds. I push right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have folded QQ in a SNG once. That was at a $55. I would only do it at a $22 under very rare and unique circumstances. Maulik is right, you have to raise PF more. Get more money in there.

After he raises the flop, push. You are best here most often.

jgunnip
08-17-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
triple his raise PF.

If he pushes auto-call because this is a $22 tourney. I'll take my shot at losing this hand everytime because the chance I'm ahead is far better than the likihood being behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paulson
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
To me an easy push at the 22s. You will see AK-AQ, medium PP, or a flush draw the majority of the time in these situations.

Karak567
08-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I have never laid down QQ preflop in a 33, 22, or 11.

Ever.