PDA

View Full Version : no Neller in Maryland but.... DC mailing address?

Maulik
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
okay here's my deal. obviously all the poker sites use neteller and i have no better options.

is this a terrible idea...

I have a checking account in maryland & can get a mailing address in Washington DC & register a neteller acct there. then link the MD checking acct to the DC mailing address?

jasonHoldEm
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I realize neteller is generally accepted as better, but firepay is an option for those in maryland and isn't that different really.

J

Maulik
08-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I realize neteller is generally accepted as better, but firepay is an option for those in maryland and isn't that different really.

I want to play sites other than Party too =]

webmonarch
08-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes. I have a MD based bank but a DC mailing address, and I have never had trouble.

Maulik
08-17-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I have a MD based bank but a DC mailing address, and I have never had trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, I just want to confirm your checking account was originally opened in Maryland and such?

thanks.

Bukem_
08-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I used to live in md. Before I could open a neteller account, they made me get a new non md phone number and new non md bank account.

Python49
08-17-2005, 04:22 PM
im from maryland too and can't use neteller... i heard that eurobet won't cash out your money from their site into neteller if the address for your neteller account doesnt match what you signed up with. Thus, i gave up on the idea and now just use IGM pay and for eurobet i just have my affiliate transfer the money in and out until they get firepay.. which they keep saying should be "soon".

CountDuckula
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you confusing Firepay with IGMPay? Firepay is multi-site; it may not be quite as widely accepted as Neteller (I'm not sure; I don't use it, but I've seen it as an option on several sites), but you certainly wouldn't be restricted to Party or its skins.

-Mike

StellarWind
08-17-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you confusing Firepay with IGMPay? Firepay is multi-site; it may not be quite as widely accepted as Neteller (I'm not sure; I don't use it, but I've seen it as an option on several sites), but you certainly wouldn't be restricted to Party or its skins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party and most skins accept FirePay for deposits only. No withdrawals.

Paradise and many other sites accept Firepay both ways.

Warning: FirePay written policy is to confiscate money left on deposit for 150 days. Do not let them hold funds for you. Use it to transfer money only.

webmonarch
08-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Yes, it was. By the way, I doubt that the sites have any way of knowing where the account was opened unless its communicating directly with your bank. Also, the state where the bank is incorporated may have an effect as well. I don't know enough about their systems.

BTW, although I am a recent law grad, I am not licensed to practice law until I receive my bar exam results, so that's just a reminder for all those who know that I am a law graduate. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rasputin
08-17-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I realize neteller is generally accepted as better
J

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask why?

I have used both and frankly, I prefer Firepay. What am I missing?

Paragon
08-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Live in Maryland, use Firepay for Stars and Full Tilt and IGM-Pay for Party and skins. If there's ever a reload bonus at Stars/Tilt I just cash out from one into Firepay and deposit from there into the other... This avoids the small fee when you deposit from your bank into Firepay. Never had any problems.

jasonHoldEm
08-17-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Firepay has loading fees...also I'm not aware of any debit card option for firepay although I could be out of the loop.

J

flafishy
08-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I asked this before, never got a response. But can anyone tell me why Neteller is banned in Maryland?