PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Pools

YoureToast
08-17-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm in my first suicide NFL pool. I have 4 entries and there should be 300-400 total entries. Does anyone have any guideliness on the best way to approach the season to maximize your chances of winning?

Easy E
08-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Pick winners? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Josh W
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Don't plan out the whole season in advance. You wanna look 3 or 4 weeks in, go ahead. But even with 300-400 entrants, it likely won't go 10 weeks. Not going with a good team in week 4 because you wanna save them for week 9 is, well, weak.

Don't take road teams.

Don't get too fancy. Lots of times, if there's one obvious team that most entrants will take, people will try to come up with another team to take, hoping to eliminate a huge percentage of the pool at once. While this may work, it more often ends up eliminating the guy getting fancy.

Josh

IHateKeithSmart
08-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Good advice.

Also, I am going to be running a forum suicide pool. Check this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3158288&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) thread for some more info.

I am going to post an *official* thread with rules/signup info tomorrow. I'll x-post over here as well. It's going to be a $10 pool (unlimited entries).

craig r
08-18-2005, 03:00 AM
For some strange reason when I saw this title i thought of "last longer" bets between friends on who would go the longest without killing themselves. Obviously I was disappointed.

craig

MasterShakes
08-18-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some strange reason when I saw this title i thought of "last longer" bets between friends on who would go the longest without killing themselves. Obviously I was disappointed.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

How would the winner get paid?

craig r
08-18-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get into all the details of it now, because I am currently involved in 3 of them (I almost lost last night...but then pussed out at the last second and stopped slamming my head against the tree). But, the money is put into some sort of escrow account. The way we do our's is that that not everybody is even money. For example, this one guy only had to put up half of the 1K, because he is a total wreck. Our Born Again Christian friend actually had to put up 5K. I am sure you can see why. It isn't tough to win these things. You just have to shop for the right kind of friends and look for reduced juice and what not.

craig

p.s. I slept with my best friend's wife last night (my best friend is in the contest as well..he was 4K). I told him today. I also told him that she wants to leave him for me. But, I thought that being the good friend I am, it was best he knew the truth. He had just lost his job, his car was repossessed, and he found out he had cancer. I figure there should be 3 of us left by next week.

Oh, also, the guy who is a wreck has a total fear of going to prison. I only feel it is right that people get over their fears. So, I put about 50K worth of heroin in his desk drawer. I will be calling the cops in a bit to let them know. And to show them the pictures. He really needs to get over this fear of prison.

So, now, just me and the Christian. Well, this one will be trickier.

MasterShakes
08-18-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... nice shop on that line.

Here's to hoping we both make it through to kickoff... later bud.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get into all the details of it now, because I am currently involved in 3 of them (I almost lost last night...but then pussed out at the last second and stopped slamming my head against the tree). But, the money is put into some sort of escrow account. The way we do our's is that that not everybody is even money. For example, this one guy only had to put up half of the 1K, because he is a total wreck. Our Born Again Christian friend actually had to put up 5K. I am sure you can see why. It isn't tough to win these things. You just have to shop for the right kind of friends and look for reduced juice and what not.

craig

p.s. I slept with my best friend's wife last night (my best friend is in the contest as well..he was 4K). I told him today. I also told him that she wants to leave him for me. But, I thought that being the good friend I am, it was best he knew the truth. He had just lost his job, his car was repossessed, and he found out he had cancer. I figure there should be 3 of us left by next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

craig r
08-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Hey Everybody,

I want to sincerely apologize for my suicide pool joke. I know when my stepfather had cancer I wouldn't have thought a joke about cancer was funny. Or when I was in college and one of my good friends killed himself, I probably would have been sensitive to jokes about suicide. So, I am sorry if I upset anybody.

Now, I do like banging other's wives, so does this make me a bad person? Maybe, but only if you are the type of person that considers murder wrong.

craig

08-18-2005, 09:16 AM
I thought it was hilarious.