PDA

View Full Version : 5,4,3,2...raise?

jomatty
08-17-2005, 11:15 AM
i was just glancing through super systems and rereading jens section on sh he. she gives an example where she suggests reraising with JTs after an earlier player raises (she dosent specify him being any more likely to be stealing then any short handed player)
obviously there are times for this but my default action is to fold (and the tone in SSII sounds like that is not an option) and unless i have a player specific read i almost always do just that.

i am just curious if others generally play this differently and at how many handed they become more likely to reraise and try to isolate. this seems a more viable option 4 handed rather than in the normal 6 handed, semi short game, but maybe i just need to open up a bit more often.

this is something i considered to be a no brainer fold and i am just checking to see if others agree or if they like a reraise or call better as a general line.
thx
matty

sy_or_bust
08-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the HU/SH areas of that section are written for 2-4 handed games. 6-handed LHE is not actually shorthanded in a technical sense.

jba
08-17-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the HU/SH areas of that section are written for 2-4 handed games. 6-handed LHE is not actually shorthanded in a technical sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's 4 handed and we're on the button this still looks like a fold to me.

if it's less than 4 handed then either jennifer or OP didn't tell us who the blind is and you cannot make a claim about decisions without knowing positions in those situations. the way it is stated it must mean at least four people with hero in LP to make any sense.