PDA

View Full Version : Limp Wristed Underfull on Flush Board

fimbulwinter
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm getting hosed lately on underfulls. This weak or ok?

everyone relevant is at 1.5K effective.

I limp UTG with 99, three more tight/passive fish limp behind, blinds come along.

A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (60)

checked all around

9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (60)

I lead for 60, called in two places behind me

J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (180)

I check, villain 1 bets 150, villain 2 raises to 300, I fold.

eh?

fim

TheWorstPlayer
08-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Not leading that river makes no sense to me.

JKratzer
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
well played

JKratzer

Ulysses
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I would not check-fold there for 300.

xorbie
08-17-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AZK
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check to let a worse hand bet, cause betting then getting raised sucks?

RollaJ
08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CamelZoo
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
as aggressively as you seem to play i am surprised that you laid this down, you'd have to put the limpers squarely on AJ or AQ - i interpret the minraise as an ace who thinks he has a better kicker (maybe AT or A9) than original riv raiser. i'd call, and my only discomfort would be a RR from villain 1.

ps this isn't 6 max is it?

xorbie
08-17-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have tight/passive fish in the hand, and we are afraid of getting raised by a worse hand? They aren't going to be raising with just an A, they probably won't be raising with any flush except maybe the nuts but will certainly call a bet with both if they called the turn.

I honestly don't see how anything other than bet/fold to a raise is the best line here.

TheWorstPlayer
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
This was my exact thinking. These guys don't seem to be the type to raise with trips on a paired, flushed board. But they do seem to be the type to call with trips or a flush on a paired, flushed board. So why not bet? If someone min-raises, maybe call because it could be a flush or whatever, but fold to a real raise.

luckOverSkill
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it's weak.

I would have led out on the river... I can definitely see myself insta calling a min raise to get to a showdown... if you get raised and then reraised after your initial bet, well yeah I can contemplate a fold... but not until then.

fimbulwinter
08-17-2005, 11:10 PM
this is an interesting thing to think about:

when i bet and am called by two tight players behind me, i cannot think of two logical hands they could hold where i'm still ahead. AJ and AQ are favorite limping weakie hands, and both beat me.

basically i decided that i'd check/call the river, then saw the action and knew that MP had a good chance of repushing and decided to fold.

fim

fimbulwinter
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does the fact that i am not closing the action weigh in here?

fim

etizzle
08-17-2005, 11:13 PM
a) we lose to A9
b) no one is raising the river here with AT, their kicker does not even play

fimbulwinter
08-17-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not willing to call a big raise and i think a PSB is going in here no matter who makes it. If i make it, i may get donked off my hand, if he makes it i get a showdown every time and might even get a bluff at such a scary board.

fim

TheWorstPlayer
08-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I was under the impression that 'passive fish' would be calling with losing hands much more often than they would be betting them here.

CamelZoo
08-18-2005, 12:52 AM
yes you are correct i am an idiot, ty

fimbulwinter
08-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I fold, MP villain raises all-in, LP villain calls MP has AQ.

probably being results oriented here, but i really don't see this as that easy a call.

fim

etizzle
08-18-2005, 02:47 AM
nh sir, I think the check check check on the flop gives away a lot of info against bad opponents, especially when they start minraising later streets.

savman
08-18-2005, 03:52 AM
i had almost this exact situation (mine was hu) with 33 5/10 6max with a major donkaroo in the hand and i took check call line on riv for same reason. didnt want to get donked off my hand and i would have kicked myself in the nuts if i called a monster bet (player had overbet tendenacies) with an underfull. for the record good thing i did.