PDA

View Full Version : Review: Hand 49 KTo, Hand 70 KTo

Wetdog
08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
- - - HAND 49 - - -
PreFlop: MICROPOSTER is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif (8 Players)
UTG calls, 2 folds, MICROPOSTER folds,

This is probably a leak for me, but since UTG only called (pocket pair?, sooted?) would a raise isolate UTG somewhat? Sure, there are 2 yet to act behind plus the blinds, but a decent flop for me would play well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

- - - HAND 70 - - -
PreFlop: MICROPOSTER is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (9 Players)
3 folds, MP calls, 4 folds, MICROPOSTER checks,

Flop: (2.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
MICROPOSTER checks, MP bets, MICROPOSTER calls,

Turn: (2.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
MICROPOSTER checks, MP bets, MICROPOSTER raises, MP calls,

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
MICROPOSTER bets, MP folds,

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Aren't we getting fancy! The turn puts us vulnerable to Q9 and the less likely AQ. I just like betting the flop and turn here.

MrWookie47
08-17-2005, 11:19 AM
49 - strongly dependent on UTG. Odds are he sucks, but if he doesn't suck, hero's line isn't too bad.

70 - I totally agree. Bet.

jrz1972
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Raising Hand 49 would be way overdoing the "raise to isolate" thing. This play seems to be grossly overused based on how often it comes up in these sorts of threads. UTG limped UTG, which usually indicates a hand you don't want to isolate against, you're probably not buying the button, and you're almost certainly not getting it HU. Raising just doesn't really accomplish much.

jrz1972
08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Hand 70 is kind of read-dependent. If MP is the kind who will try to steal this pot with any two (laggy), then I'm okay with this line. Every once in a while you'll run into a straight or something, but top two is a huge hand HU and it isn't a terrible candidate for getting fancy against the right opponent.

MN_Mime
08-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Yes, but there's no PFR so you've no indication that villain is going to get aggressive. The hand played well for hero, but imagine how you'd feel if the line went Check/Check, Bet/Fold.

I bet this. You'll rarely scare anyone out on the flop for one bet, especially with two cards in the playing zone and being rife with draws.

08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Isolating with KTo from MP seems a bit foolish to me. 75% of the time I won't get it HU and even if I do I don't really like my chances all that much unless I improve.

On the next hand I checked preflop a d then checked the flop. This flop gets bet by MP a huge % of the time. Betting and watching him fold would be horrible here and this is exactly what happens when he misses the flop.

With this hand I'm probably way ahead and the pot is so small getting fancy and trying to extract some value is pretty smart IMO. I was very surprised when he called the turn C/R. He probably picked up a draw with my little slowplay. Getting fancy worked! I know we're supposed to be unimaginative and bet when we have the best hand most of the time but in small pot HU I'll take my chances with 2 pair holding up.