PDA

View Full Version : how about crystal meth?

Marlow
08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm a little old for this stuff, but I've heard a lot about crystal meth in the media recently. It's supposed to be the big new drug. The coke questions got me wondering, so I thought I'd ask the following:

Have you ever done crystal meth?

If yes, what did it feel like? Would you do it again?

If no, why not?

Marlow

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's supposed to be the big new drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been the big new drug since about 1985. In the late 80's, everyone was doing it because it wasn't yet detectable in drug tests.

Marlow
08-17-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been the big new drug since about 1985. In the late 80's, everyone was doing it because it wasn't yet detectable in drug tests.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's made a resurgance of late.

This (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8770112/site/newsweek/) was on the cover of Newsweek a couple of weeks ago. Also, there's been a lot in the Boston media.

Marlow

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's made a resurgance of late.

This (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8770112/site/newsweek/) was on the cover of Newsweek a couple of weeks ago. Also, there's been a lot in the Boston media.

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

It never really wnet away. It was just overshadowed by other drugs in the media. I can tell you that in rural central missouri where a large percentage of the nations meth comes from oddly enough, the number of meth labs has never gone down. They bust about one a week, just enough to let the voters feel like they're actually doing something about it.

ChipWrecked
08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
One of my high school classmates from north Arkansas recently died of heart failure, without a tooth in his head. He had been married to a woman a few years back who shared his passion for meth. Somehow they ran afoul of dealers (probably did up some front that was to be sold); pieces of her were found around the county for weeks. This guy died at 41. Nice drug.

Overdrive
08-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Meth is just pure evil. It got around so much because people could easily make it at home and then sell it. You didn't have to import it like heroin or cocaine or go to all the trouble of planting, watering, and harvesting the stuff. All you had to do was go buy some easily obtainable chemicals, cook it, then sell it. During WW2 German soldiers were given a very powerful form of meth which has since been dubbed 'NaziMeth' and recipes for 'NaziMeth' are all over the place (yes including the web) and people who use it do things like stay up for 13 or 14 days without sleeping and scratch their own skin off with their fingernails. Meth, & Nazi meth are just about the most horrible drugs I can imagine.

DonBaker
08-17-2005, 10:56 AM
they recently made a law in canada for this drug
if you buy/sell/make crystral meth u can get up to 25 years of jail!
They told it was cheaper than coke but "better"

Jeffro
08-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I am fairly old and all for sombody expermenting with some drugs, but taking a gander at this (http://www.facesofmeth.us/main.htm#) is enough to make me pass on this one.

lucas9000
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever done crystal meth?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[ QUOTE ]
If no, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

first, i'm not into drugs at all, and second, this seems like an especially stupid drug.

touchfaith
08-17-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
second, this seems like an especially stupid drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meth is right up there with sticking my head in a toaster oven on my list of things to do...

My head is too big for each.

Marlow
08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Interesting responses.

Actually, I'm not into getting high at all. But it sounds like crystal meth has a totally different image than, say, coke does. In that other thread, a few people indicated that coke is "no big deal" when done in moderation. This is fascinating to me as coke, along with heroin, was billed as the biggest, baddest drug around when I was a kid. It scared the hell out of me.

But for whatever reason, meth still doesn't have that Ok image that coke does. And I can't believe that it's because meth is "worse" for you. I think it's got a lot to do with coke just having much better PR.

Marlow

Maulik
08-17-2005, 11:39 AM
But for whatever reason, meth still doesn't have that Ok image that coke does. And I can't believe that it's because meth is "worse" for you. I think it's got a lot to do with coke just having much better PR.

Its probably because the demographics undertaking in meth use is the rural hillbilly whereas the coke user can be a rockstar, businessman, college student. The same can be used for the coke / crack comparision the same for coke and the crack user is usually homeless etc. Its all about how the media 'trains' people. But I really know nothing about meth but will probably read about it when I get home tonight.

steelcmg
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes i tired it all i did for me was make me less worried about stuff and hyper and horney i also couldnt sleep u could go for days on the stuff. I did it about 4 times and probably wouldnt do it again but who knows i still think that getting addicted to [censored] is all in peoples heads if u want to quite u can.

PokerGoblin
08-17-2005, 12:49 PM
According to Chris Rock:

"Crystal Meth is Crack for white people. Crack for Crackers."

jackdaniels
08-17-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to Chris Rock:

"Crystal Meth is Crack for white people. Crack for Crackers ."

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!!

Boris
08-17-2005, 01:35 PM
the chick on the left actually looks better on meth.

Boris
08-17-2005, 01:41 PM
I've done it twice. long ago. It's OK I guess. Fun party drug. One of my friends from HS is pretty much addicted to it. But he has always loved every form of illicit drug he could ever get his hands on. So I don't really blame the meth.

People talk about the highly addictive nature of crack and meth. But if you look closely at the people who are addicted, I'll bet the vast majority of the time their lives were shyte even without the drug.

peachy
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
yes and its alright and no cause i dont wanna

cdxx
08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If no, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

because recreational pot should be just about enough for anyone. just like a cold beer.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-17-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meth is just pure evil. It got around so much because people could easily make it at home and then sell it. You didn't have to import it like heroin or cocaine or go to all the trouble of planting, watering, and harvesting the stuff. All you had to do was go buy some easily obtainable chemicals, cook it, then sell it. During WW2 German soldiers were given a very powerful form of meth which has since been dubbed 'NaziMeth' and recipes for 'NaziMeth' are all over the place (yes including the web) and people who use it do things like stay up for 13 or 14 days without sleeping and scratch their own skin off with their fingernails. Meth, & Nazi meth are just about the most horrible drugs I can imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like an interesting. Any links to stories about this? (not recipies)

Quicksilvre
08-17-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've done it twice. long ago. It's OK I guess. Fun party drug. One of my friends from HS is pretty much addicted to it. But he has always loved every form of illicit drug he could ever get his hands on. So I don't really blame the meth.

People talk about the highly addictive nature of crack and meth. But if you look closely at the people who are addicted, I'll bet the vast majority of the time their lives were shyte even without the drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you mention that. As I understand it, marajuana and coca beans have been around for longer than humans, but they weren't a problem for humanity until the last few hundred years. Folks had been using crazy shiat for all this time, but it had spiritual/religious associations then. They were used to deepen and explore life. Addiction didn't become a problem until drugs began to be used to escape from life.

Matt Williams
08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you mention that. As I understand it, marajuana and coca beans have been around for longer than humans, but they weren't a problem for humanity until the last few hundred years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... Gee. I dunno. Maybe a few hundred years ago the human lifespan was only 30 years? Or maybe medical studies weren't done then? Or maybe middle and lower class Europeans didn't have access to stuff grown in the tropics?

haakee
08-17-2005, 10:22 PM
I was going to say the same thing.

fnord_too
08-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Do some research on meth, it is very nasty stuff. I read an article in the economist a bit back on it, they had stats from some small city where it was rampant. The number of children taken into child services because their parents weren't even taking care of them (like not even feeding them) was ridiculous. I wish I had the article here to quote some stats and some of the physiological effects. No way in hell I'd touch that stuff.

fnord_too
08-17-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are very mistaken here. For instance, a heavy meth users brain with reduce in weight by 1% over the course of a year.

Al P
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Don't even think about trying it there's plenty of better buzzes that won't destroy your life.

I've done weed, acid, shrooms, opium, coke and even tried crack once and you couldn't pay me $1,000 to even try a line of meth.

STLantny
08-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I live abotu 20 miles from meth central. But how do you do it? Ive heard you snort, inject, freebase, but ive never gotten a conclusive answer.

Al P
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you are very mistaken here. For instance, a heavy meth users brain with reduce in weight by 1% over the course of a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

My best friend in HS did a lot of meth. After 3 years of nearly daily use he was a mush brained tardo that would take 15 seconds to reply after you asked him a simple yes or no question.

Al P
08-17-2005, 10:54 PM
My friends snorted it. One crazy guy I knew shot it up.

Funny story about the crazy meth guy - he had spent 16 years in prison for attempted murder. He stabbed a guy 32 times - and the victim lived. I was like, "wtf were you stabbing him in the toes or something?".

zoomOut
08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

After 3 years of nearly daily use he was a mush brained tardo that would take 15 seconds to reply after you asked him a simple yes or no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping something else could account for that 15 second brain lapse thing. Someone who's near and dear to me sounds exactly like that description. (the mush brained tardo would apply too) I'd hate to think crystal meth.

08-17-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I live abotu 20 miles from meth central. But how do you do it? Ive heard you snort, inject, freebase, but ive never gotten a conclusive answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's mostly snorted although some do shoot it. I dabbled with it many years ago. Can't say I like it much. It does give you an super boost of enegry and the effects last mcuh longer than coke at a fraction of the price. If drugs were an auto race, coke would be like a drag race while meth is more like the Daytona 500. It's great if you need to paint your garage,wash the car, mow the lawn and clean the house...right now!!

The long term effects are horrible. Your teeth fall out, you can have serious dramatic weight loss, mental illness ( depression, paranoia, violent outbursts etc.) I'm lucky to have gotten out of it at an early age. Some of the people I knew back then now have serious health problems and some are even dead. Take my word don't f**k with this stuff.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If drugs were an auto race, coke would be like a drag race while meth is more like the Daytona 500.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

you need to post more.

08-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I have not read this whole thread, so this might have been mentioned. But, when I was at the Dr's. the other day for my "problem", I had asked them how hard it would be to quit. They said with the length of time I have been doing it and the amounts I have been doing it, it will (or should) be easier than quitting smoking. The Dr. went on to say that if I ever have a hard time, I can be grateful that I am not kicking meth, crack, or heroin. One reason being that both of these are cheap monetary wise. Second, that the addictive properties of these three are so much worse than cocaine. I asked her about meth some more and she said that the easy access to the drug also makes it so much more dangerous. I have talked to many people that have used coke in the past and they have all told me that even though they had severe coke addictions, they would rather do it again (even knowing how hard it would be to quit) than even try meth once. Plus, people that do coke can "function". They can, for the most part, go to their jobs, fake happiness to their mom, etc...but meth heads, basically lose all hope fairly quickly. But, i am basing all of this on 2nd hand info. I know that the short period of time I have done coke, I still care about the "little things". Like I still talk to my friends, look at baseball scores, play poker, etc... From my understanding a meth head would not do this.

p.s. I am not trying to say coke is not bad. Because it is. But, like my doc said, it could be much worse. I still have a lot of hope.

Marlow
08-17-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and coke is vitamin C? Seizures and heart attacks are common effects of a coke OD. And as far as I'm concerned, the fact that more of your average partiers think of it as an option on a Friday night makes it pretty damn dangerous. Good PR goes a long way. Ask George W. Bush.

Marlow

Marlow
08-17-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My best friend in HS did a lot of meth. After 3 years of nearly daily use he was a mush brained tardo that would take 15 seconds to reply after you asked him a simple yes or no question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... I've seen that with pot.

I'm not sticking up for meth. I agree it's evil. But why is it in this other class of "bad"?

Boris
08-17-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny story about the crazy meth guy - he had spent 16 years in prison for attempted murder. He stabbed a guy 32 times - and the victim lived. I was like, "wtf were you stabbing him in the toes or something?".

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. that is a funny story.

08-18-2005, 07:32 AM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/image-1930.jpg

mason55
08-18-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and coke is vitamin C? Seizures and heart attacks are common effects of a coke OD. And as far as I'm concerned, the fact that more of your average partiers think of it as an option on a Friday night makes it pretty damn dangerous. Good PR goes a long way. Ask George W. Bush.

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*
(these are all base on my personal experiences, i can't speak for anyone else)

Since you mention it, you can OD on vitamin C as well. What is your point? He was talking about regular use, not O/D levels. Physiologically, meth is worse for you than pretty much everything else in terms of permanent, long term effects.
Also, the psychological addiction factor for meth is much higher for two reasons:

#1 it lasts much longer. Thus when you finally come down, you're much more used to having that feeling. Many of the friday night partiers you're talking about probably won't do coke when they're sober, thus it's just a party thing. The problem with meth is that you do it friday night and you're still awake sunday morning, having gone through a full day of sobriety and nothing but the meth. You start to think "hey, this is pretty cool, it feel great and I could get a lot more done." When you wake up at 6pm after a night long coke binge, you're already sober and generally the whole time you were blowing you were drunk. Thus you don't have that "hey coke is awesome" feeling, you have the "hey getting [censored] up is awesome" feeling. Big difference.

#2: Meth is a lot cheaper and it takes a lot less to get you [censored] up. It's easy to go through $150 of coke in a night between a few people. With meth $20 will have you set for a few straight days. For a lot of people, the limiting factor of coke is that you stop when you run out. With meth, if you spent that same $150, it would take 4 or 5 days for a couple people to run out. Once you've been up snorting meth for 5 days, there's no going back.

Also, you say that people on meth seem depressed almost as soon as they start doing it. That comes from being sleep deprived and yet having absolutely no way to sleep. After a day and a half of that it gets pretty depressing pretty fast. Also the crash is terrible. If you start to crash, you get huge depression. Then you blow another line and feel great again. It doesn't take many times of doing this to realize that you're hooked, which is a completely new feeling for many of the people who get hooked on meth.

Like I said, this is all from personal experience, not that 1980's war on drugs hypocritical bull [censored].