PDA

View Full Version : One too weak, one too strong? NL 200

Salerosa
08-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Hand 1: The only reason this is post worthy I think is that villain is a 41/3 with a PF agg factor of .75 through 400 hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($221)
SB ($149.85)
BB ($470.50)
UTG ($450.75)
MP ($108.20)
CO ($160.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $8</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $17.

Turn: ($60) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($60) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot:

Hand 2: Sorry no hand history. UTG limps others fold to me on button with QJs, I make it 8, SB calls UTG calls. SB has about 80, UTG about 55, I cover both.

Flop comes JJ7. SB checks UTG bets 3, I make it 25 (the pot), they both fold. Should I have slowed down on this one as they were both so short?

djoyce003
08-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Hand 1 - I'd fire again on the turn. there is a possible flush and a possible straight draw out there. Hope you didn't let him suck out on the river for free.

Hand 2 - If the flop is rainbow, then I like a call here...you aren't really afraid of anything and a raise will fold people out. Wish he'd have bet more, but maybe he thinks his sevens are good. If you flat call he might lead them again on the turn. If the hand has a 2 flush on it, then I like a raise.

08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Hand #1: I would raise preflop with your position. I like your flop raise. You need to bet the turn though, too. With a flush and straight draw on the board, you should charge for the river card.

Hand #2: I'm not sure if you should've slow played there. I would need more information about the hand. It depends on the suits of the flop. If it was a rainbow flop, perhaps. But in many cases, I don't like slowplaying much. Like I've always said, slowplaying tends to F you in the A.

--solids

Salerosa
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Hand two was a rainbow flop.

djoyce003
08-17-2005, 11:04 AM
you've gotta slowplay it. You are probably way out in front. Just let him bet into you...maybe he'll make an ill advised bluff.

ScottTheFish
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Hand 1 raise it preflop in position. With KQo you're looking to make top pair, good kicker. You don't want to play it against 4 people. Thin the field. Probably bet the turn with all the draws out. If he calls check behind on the river. He was probably on a draw and you wont get any more out of him if he missed, and you'll get rasied if he hit, or he was slowplaying something.

If he bets the river after a blank falls you have to decide if he's the type to bluff a missed draw on the river. Uncommon at this level, IMO.

Hand 2 I like just calling. Nobody is calling the raise there unless you're beat. With a paired board rainbow board there are few draws. Let him bet into you.

08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
In that case, I just call here. Hopefully he'll fire another bullet on the turn, but I doubt it. Donk bets usually mean he has a relatively weak hand. When a villain donk bets me, I'm usually thinking middle pair or draw. In this situation, call and hope for another bet.