PDA

View Full Version : KK Played Too Weakly?

bnorthro
08-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok, this table was full of really bad players, and I think I may have played my KK a little weakly post-flop.

Some stats from PT:

Button is SLA/A, 25 VPIP/15 for 95 hands, other players in the hand were typical fish - just closed the table and forgot to check everyone elses stats.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

I don't think anyone's got a 9 here. I could maybe see pocket 9's going for 4 bets preflop, but flopping quads is REAL rare, so I'm not too afraid of it.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Safe card. I'd kinda like to get anyone with an unimproved A out of the hand.

River: (23.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

I think this was real weak. I kinda feared AA or JJ that just caught a set. But I probably should have thrown 1 more bet out.
Final Pot: 23.50 BB

Was this play standard? I really think the river play was weak. Let me know what you think, how you would have played it differently. Thanks.

The final hands are a real kick:
<font color="white">
Hero shows [ Ks, Kh ] two pairs, kings and nines.
BB doesn't show [ Tc, 4c ] two pairs, tens and nines.
MP1 doesn't show [ 7d, 6s ] a pair of nines.
Button doesn't show [ 8s, 8c ] two pairs, nines and eights.
</font>

davelin
08-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd 3bet the flop and lead the turn. Your river check hurts.

RatFink
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm 3-betting the flop, especially since it allows me to face the field with two more. Waiting for the turn to check-raise is a prayer that button will bet again. And if he is raising a flush draw or straight draw on flop, he may take his free card on the turn that you gave out.

So I 3-bet the flop, I lead out on the turn. The Jc does not stop me from leading the river if all have called behind me. It helps KQ and 78 and JJ. I bet and call one raise but not overcall.

2+2 Junkie
08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I would 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.
Bet the river.

MrWookie47
08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this river is killing kittens.

bozlax
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering this morning if this concept had been retired. Good to see it hasn't.

MrWookie47
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
It had been on hiatus for a while, but there is no more appropriate sentiment here.

Wetdog
08-17-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering this morning if this concept had been retired. Good to see it hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has made baby Jesus cry in a while either.

MrWookie47
08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
You must not have been lurking in OOT during the gimmick account uprising.

Black Aces 518
08-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Mandatory 3 bet on the flop, esp. given that you can face the field with 2 cold. Like the turn c/r since you did the same thing. Bet the river, since you didn't get 3 bet on the turn.

bozlax
08-17-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has made baby Jesus cry in a while either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm pretty sure I have. Not playing poker, tho.

Runin
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree with the 3-bet the flop votes. I'd also lead out the turn and bet the river. I'm inclined to be very aggressive with this hand and this board.

2+2 Junkie
08-17-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that I advocated checking the river here.

MrWookie47
08-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I was agreeing, and adding emphasis.