PDA

View Full Version : Clueless from start to finish

iago
08-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Ok, it's surprising I win at all considering how I played this, I know...but help me out here. By the way, this question is not specific to this particular hand, but in general..threeway on turn, middle position. you have a pretty good hand and one player is nearly all in (and it's 50/50 whether you split with him or lose) and the other player is probably on a draw.

Anyway, turn completes my str8, and I'm thinking that I'm splitting the pot with SB at that moment (redraws threehanded on a $50-table is not something I'm really worried about against a shortstack). I tried to keep the SB in here, but I'm not really sure whether to call or raise.

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 4: Hero ( $55.80 )
Seat 5: SB ( $48.65 )
Seat 3: BB ( $17.55 )
SB posts small blind [$0.25].
BB posts big blind [$0.50].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Jh Jd 3d Kd ]
Hero raises [$1].
SB calls [$0.75].
BB calls [$0.50].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, 9c, Qh ]
SB checks.
BB bets [$2.85].
Hero calls [$2.85].
SB calls [$2.85].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ts ]
SB checks.
BB bets [$11].
Hero calls [$11].
SB calls [$11].
** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
SB checks.
BB is all-In [$2.70]
Hero raises [$5.40].
SB folds.

Results below in white. By the way, first person that explains how I get the damn converter to work is my personal hero for the day.
<font color="white">
Hero shows [ Jh, Jd, 3d, Kd ] a straight, nine to king.
BB doesn't show [ 2d, 8s, 4c, Js ] a straight, eight to queen.
Hero wins $2.70 from side pot #1 with a straight, nine to king.
Hero wins $48.95 from the main pot with a straight, nine to king.

And yes, there's no justice in poker.
</font>

Tilt
08-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Played fine IMO. Your flop call was correct with a straight and boat draw. Your turn call is the right play as well, because if you are ahead, you do not want to chase out the third player, and if you are behind and it stays multiway, you have enough equity to draw another card.

kyro
08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, it's surprising I win at all considering how I played this,

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by the hand and your opponent, I think it's quite obvious how you win at all.

Ribbo
08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
You don't have to be perfect to win at poker, you just need to be better than the guys you're playing against. Keep looking for the easy opponents.