PDA

View Full Version : info on those direct tv card?????????

___SK___
08-17-2005, 05:17 AM
so i got direct tv, today and of course "theres nothing on" but thats not my question(s). so whats the deal with those direct tv cards?

lighterjobs
08-17-2005, 05:53 AM
the cards that you stick in the reciever? they let the company know what channels you subscribe to etc.

___SK___
08-17-2005, 06:04 AM
unless there is a card already in there, i dont recall any cards during installation. i had to call and pick what i wanted and then it was "downloaded".

apparently i am more confused now. googling.

pryor15
08-17-2005, 06:16 PM
it stores your info, especially what PPV you've ordered. it's kinda important. don't lose it.

Talk2BigSteve
08-18-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unless there is a card already in there, i dont recall any cards during installation. i had to call and pick what i wanted and then it was "downloaded".

apparently i am more confused now. googling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the reciever, you should have a slot on your box on the front, side or back of it. The card has a 12 digit number that starts with 00. If you have a phone line connected to your reciever, it should dial out and update the info. You have to have a card in it to have service with DirecTV.

If your box is not working and you have no card, call your local office and get a service call with codes 250 and 210.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MrMon
08-19-2005, 02:56 AM
The cards are also anti-piracy devices. Don't ask me how they work, but periodically, you'll get new ones in the mail and have to swap them out.