PDA

View Full Version : Do you regret having done drugs?

AlexSem
08-17-2005, 03:45 AM
I don't post much, but the coke addict dude got me thinking a little.

Do you have regrets having done drugs? Do you wish you hadn't?

I find a lot of young adults/teens being overly accepting of drugs, not realizing what it does to people in the long run. So a poll like this could maybe shine some light on the issue.

Thanks.

DasLeben
08-17-2005, 04:22 AM
I have done a psychoactive drug, and I can honestly say that I am a better person from it. When you're on things like that, you often see aspects of yourself that you never saw before. Because of that experience, I feel as though I'm more comfortable in my own skin.

However, the way a lot of this came about was from a very bad and scary trip. It taught me a lot about myself, but also made me never want to touch the stuff again.

peachy
08-17-2005, 04:24 AM
not at all

kasey2004
08-17-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not at all

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

08-17-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
find a lot of young adults/teens being overly accepting of drugs, not realizing what it does to people in the long run. So a poll like this could maybe shine some light on the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize you are asking this question to a group of people that comprise 75% of the people you just quoted, right?

sublime
08-17-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not at all

[/ QUOTE ]

you were addicted to coke, yet dont regret doing it? would u regret getting run over by a bus, or chalk it up as a learning experiance?

___SK___
08-17-2005, 04:41 AM
i regret smoking weed almost instantly, i am a light weight in regards to weed.

i only do it once a year

roxtar
08-17-2005, 04:58 AM
cocaine = -EV

08-17-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cocaine = -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree with you anymore. I can only think of 4 worse drugs I could have tried (meth, crack, pcp, and heroin). It is amazing how quickly it can grab a hold of you. And meth, heroin, and crack are suppossed to be so much worse. I can't imagine trying to stop those things. So, in some weird way, I am grateful that I am quitting coke.

And to answer OP's original question, I don't regret this. I think about a lot of things that have happened in my life and can always smile that there are people that will never know what I have felt. Whether that be pleasure or pain. Because there are A LOT of people who don't feel at all.

p.s. Ummm..almost half of my post was total cheese.

whiskeytown
08-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I don't regret weed - but I have massive amounts of regret over alcohol (which I classify as a drug) -

RB

08-17-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't regret weed - but I have massive amounts of regret over alcohol (which I classify as a drug) -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think part of the rationale behind people that think all drugs should be decriminalized is that there really isn't nearly as many deaths from them as there is alcohol and tobacco. I really can't remember the stats. But, I "think" in 99, there were only like 5-10K deaths directly related to drugs (none of those being pot). Regardless...it was a very tiny number. But, at the same time meth has definitely taken off in the last 6 years. It might even be considered the largest used illegal drug in the states. I guess because it is cheap and can be made and distributed fairly easily in comparison to other hard drugs.

oreogod
08-17-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cocaine = -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

not when you're doing it off pussy its not.

peachy
08-17-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not at all

[/ QUOTE ]

you were addicted to coke, yet dont regret doing it? would u regret getting run over by a bus, or chalk it up as a learning experiance?

[/ QUOTE ]

my habits with drugs r noones business nor my addiction/nonaddiction...i learned something from drugs as i do everything in my life...and yes if i got hit by a bus it would be a learning experience for my next life not to walk out in front of one

kurosh
08-17-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not at all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my habits with drugs r noones business nor my addiction/nonaddiction...i learned something from drugs as i do everything in my life...and yes if i got hit by a bus it would be a learning experience for my next life not to walk out in front of one

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl

MrTrik
08-17-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm glad those days are over, but I don't regret anything. I wasn't a heavy user of anything though.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 08:35 AM
assuming you don't currently have an additction problem and never went to prison, why would you regret it?

dcasper70
08-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I don't regret having done drugs.

It's the amount I did that I regret. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

08-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I regret having never tried 'shrooms

RunDownHouse
08-17-2005, 08:59 AM
I regret not doing more drugs in college.

turnipmonster
08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
I've never understood the use of the term "drugs". which ones? many people are not going to regret using alcohol, some people might regret the year they spent cleaning their apartment on meth.

benza13
08-17-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing stopping you now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

benza13
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood the use of the term "drugs". which ones? many people are not going to regret using alcohol, some people might regret the year they spent cleaning their apartment on meth.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that people have more regrets from alcohol than they do from drugs. At least I know that is true for me, and some others in the thread have already mentioned it. If I could go back and never drink, I might, but I'd still have done most of the drugs I tried.

Soul Daddy
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't regret trying them, but I do wish I didn't enjoy them so much during the early stages of my adulthood.

touchfaith
08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shrooms aren't drugs.

irishpint
08-17-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
assuming you don't currently have an additction problem and never went to prison, why would you regret it?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh about a million reasons.
1. expensive
2. long term health damage
3. ruined relationships
4. reputation
5. didnt make the most of your youth, because you were on drugs
6. wasted x years of your life

mas?

stabn
08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not at all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WORST_TROLL_EVER.

08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I voted no, but I wasn't thinking of cigarettes. I do reget smoking cigarettes. CIGS ARE DIRT and a drug.

Many

tdarko
08-17-2005, 02:07 PM
no. i had some great [censored] times on drugs.

Warik
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one wondering why there's no option for "Haven't done drugs."

I feel left out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kyro
08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me I'm not the only one wondering why there's no option for "Haven't done drugs."

I feel left out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I may or may not have taken a puff of marijuana once when I was plastered. I don't remember if I did or not. If not, then I'm with you.

Warik
08-17-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may or may not have taken a puff of marijuana once when I was plastered. I don't remember if I did or not. If not, then I'm with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... I'll hold off on letting you join me while I see if anyone else comes around then.

This "maybe I did maybe I didn't" thing is going to have to be a last resort. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tdarko
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you admitted to doing drugs in this very paragraph.

Wetdog
08-17-2005, 02:17 PM
No, i can honestly say that I don't regret it. I still dig weed. Shrooms are awesome. Coke was bfd. PCP was so [censored] up that I had to try it a 2nd time to make sure. Bleh. White cross, reds, meh. I found out that the manufactured [censored] blows hard. Natural stuff is cool.

RicktheRuler
08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find a lot of young adults/teens being overly accepting of drugs, not realizing what it does to people in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate. What do "drugs" do to you in the long run? Which drugs? How much usage?

It is silly to make such a general statement about the usage of drugs.

RicktheRuler
08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. expensive I can afford it
2. long term health damage not so much, do some research
3. ruined relationships [ QUOTE ]
being a drug addict and using drugs it hugely different

[/ QUOTE ]
4. reputation my rep is good
6. wasted x years of your life poor assumption

mas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boris
08-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Since you havn't told us how many drugs you've done, I don't think you're qualified to offer and feedback on this matter.

KDawgCometh
08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. expensive
2. long term health damage
3. ruined relationships
4. reputation
6. wasted x years of your life

mas?

[/ QUOTE ]

its quite obvious that you have listened to the regan era lunacy and didn't let yourself have some fun since everything you mentioned is rhetoric tjat os given by only two types, 1. AA members who are bitter that they can't still use(there are non bitter AA members) and 2. those who have only ever drank alcohol and decided that saying "no" to drugs was the best thing

08-18-2005, 07:30 AM
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/image-1930.jpg

DasLeben
08-18-2005, 07:35 AM
This gimmick account gets a D+ for originality and an F for delivery.