PDA

View Full Version : Mini Downswing, stats post

Stork
08-17-2005, 03:36 AM
After 4410 hands of Party 3/6 6-max, I am losing at an ugly rate of 2.78BB/100. I feel like I can play it fine, and I know 4400 hands is nothing, but this is my first 4400 hands at this level, and I have also went through a good chunk of my bankroll so I just want to make sure my numbers are okay.

I don't know how to copy the exact screen shot, but here are my stats:

VPIP: 23.85
VPSB: 33.14
Folded SB: 83.77
Folded BB: 67.00
Fold BB HU: 62.59
Att. to steal: 26.17 - is this too low? Should I be stealing with 87o or T8o or 64s?
W$WSF: 36.43
WtSD: 34.28
W$aSD: 49.78
PFR: 13.72 - is this too low? How low will you go with unsuited aces from the cutoff or button? I really can't figure out where to raise more preflop.
PF AGG: 1.03
FLOP AGG: 1.85
TURN AGG: 2.15
RIVER AGG: 2.06
TOTAL AGG: 1.53
FOLD TO RIVER BET: 42.13 - I know I've folded at least a couple winners, but at the same time I feel like I call down too much. Against a typical opponent, will you generally call down with top pair after being check-raised on the turn? Please answer for a. when an obvious draw comes in, and b. when no obvious draw comes in. What about middle pair?

Thanks for any replies, my confidence is a bit shaken although I feel I can beat this game. I will probably have to step down to 2/4 due to bankroll issues though. Also, I'm really curious as to the last question I posed, I hate calling down turn check-raises.

imported_leader
08-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Your flop AF looks low too me. There's nothing here that thou that would suggest your a losing player over the long haul. Just try to play you way out of it.

wackjob
08-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Take what I say knowing that your sample size is tiny.

VPIP: seems ok
Folded BB: too much, need to defend more
Att. to steal: too low, should be stealing a fair bit more
PFR: too low. I'd shoot for at least 15+(I range from 16-17 depending on the limit I'm playing from 3/6-10/20)
FLOP AGG: too low. You see a lot of 3+ here. I wouldnt necessarily shoot for 3+, but yours is way low.
RIVER AGG: seems a bit high. try calling a bit more on the river
FOLDED TO RIVER BET: too high. as I said above, try calling on the river more & raising less. you also need to figure out which hands have showdown value & call those more. you definately need to get to SD more.

Bankroll: if you lost a significant chunk of your BR by losing 2.8BB/100 over 4400 hands your BR is WAY LOW for 3/6. I am way looser with my BR than most, but I wouldn't step into 3/6 if I were you w/o 300+ BB. If you think BR may affect your play, make it 500+BB. There are even some who advocate 1000+BB before moving up a level.

You also should probably post some hands that were difficul for you and get some feedback on them. I think you are folding winners & going to crazy with losers on the river a lot. I would step down to 1/2 until you iron out your game unless you were dominating 2/4 SH for over 25K hands.

Stork
08-17-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Folded BB: too much, need to defend more

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I be defending EP raises with mid unsuited connectors or low suited aces? I'm having trouble thinking about where I can defend more.

[ QUOTE ]
Att. to steal: too low, should be stealing a fair bit more

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I be stealing with K8o or K7s against loose blinds? Q9o? 76o? I'm never open-limping on the button. Also do you raise A3o and the like from the button? I used to do this alot, but I've been losing money with those types of hands so lately I've just been folding them.

[ QUOTE ]
PFR: too low. I'd shoot for at least 15+(I range from 16-17 depending on the limit I'm playing from 3/6-10/20)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to be tough to improve since I actually feel like I raise a good amount preflop. It's possible that my sample size is too small, although I was under the impression that PFR leveled fairly quickly. I may have to open with mid suited connectors more. I've been limping pocket pairs 22-44 from MP since I can rarely get the pot heads up. I'll open raise A7o from the cutoff but typically won't go lower than that. Should I be stealing with J8s ?

[ QUOTE ]
FLOP AGG: too low. You see a lot of 3+ here. I wouldnt necessarily shoot for 3+, but yours is way low.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only place I can see to fix is by making more free card plays with overcards, but I find that the turn usually gets bet anyways. I also think I check behind on the button more than most 2+2ers when I have 2+ opponents on an ugly flop. For example, if I raise AQo and the flop comes J98ss, I will typically check behind 2 player since a bet is almost garaunteed to get raise. Or if the flop comes 487. I'm generally betting these with only 1 opponent though.

[ QUOTE ]
RIVER AGG: seems a bit high. try calling a bit more on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is just a sample size issue as my river raises are usually pretty good I think.

[ QUOTE ]
FOLDED TO RIVER BET: too high. as I said above, try calling on the river more & raising less. you also need to figure out which hands have showdown value & call those more. you definately need to get to SD more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a good # to shoot for for this stat? Should I be calling river bets with Ace high on semi-coordinated, unpaired boards? As I mentioned before, I actually feel like I am calling too much on the river, so this is going to be difficult to fix.

[ QUOTE ]
Bankroll: if you lost a significant chunk of your BR by losing 2.8BB/100 over 4400 hands your BR is WAY LOW for 3/6. I am way looser with my BR than most, but I wouldn't step into 3/6 if I were you w/o 300+ BB. If you think BR may affect your play, make it 500+BB. There are even some who advocate 1000+BB before moving up a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I started 3/6 I had around 2K, I'm now down to $1200 so I will probably move down to 2/4. I try to move up in limits as soon as I get 300BB, although that is probably dangerous since my bankroll is currently unreplenishable. I don't let it affect my play though.

[ QUOTE ]
You also should probably post some hands that were difficul for you and get some feedback on them. I think you are folding winners & going to crazy with losers on the river a lot. I would step down to 1/2 until you iron out your game unless you were dominating 2/4 SH for over 25K hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was crushing 2/4 for a whopping 12BB/100 over 700 hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I feel like I can beat 3/6 too, especially when I look at the stats of the people I seat myself with. Not gonna move down to 1/2 yet.

imported_leader
08-17-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I started 3/6 I had around 2K, I'm now down to $1200 so I will probably move down to 2/4. I try to move up in limits as soon as I get 300BB, although that is probably dangerous since my bankroll is currently unreplenishable. I don't let it affect my play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

200BB isn't enough to be playing 3/6 6-max. I'd like to have around 500. I think your running a serious risk of crippling your Bankroll.

wackjob
08-17-2005, 04:47 AM
-No matter how much you think your BR doesn't affect your play, knowing in the back of your head that it is unreplenishable means it is affecting you.

You should be stealing with most every hand you asked about. I'd be wary calling raises from UTG with all but the best hands, in which cases you should be 3-betting anyways.

You should be raising hands like A7s from UTG+1 any time UTG folds. I open raise A8s from UTG. There are lots of hands you can add to your open list as you get better @ SH. I would stop limping with 22-44 in early-mid position. I will limp with those hands on the CO or button with lots of early position limpers & hope to flop a set.

-I would search for some of the steal discussions in HUSH. A lot of people are stealing from CO with 108s, 97s, weak suited aces, etc.

-You shouldn't be worried about a flop getting bet/raised when you hold 2 overs. Many times you will have the best hand. Not putting in a bet on the flop is letting gutshots draw for free & weak hands make 2pair or 1pair on the turn for free. There are very few situations where I like to raise PF & not bet the flop.

-My folded to river bet is just under 38%.

-I beat the 1/2 at Party over 710 hands for 19.61BB/100. It doesn't mean jack. I ran really well. I also had over 100K hands of 1/2-10/20 when I finally started playing at Party. You ran really well also, nothing more.

I would definately start posting hands though, so you can get advice on how to change your play. I think you might be running bad, but I think your play is also lacking in some areas.

oreogod
08-17-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-No matter how much you think your BR doesn't affect your play, knowing in the back of your head that it is unreplenishable means it is affecting you.

You should be stealing with most every hand you asked about. I'd be wary calling raises from UTG with all but the best hands, in which cases you should be 3-betting anyways.

You should be raising hands like A7s from UTG+1 any time UTG folds. I open raise A8s from UTG. There are lots of hands you can add to your open list as you get better @ SH. I would stop limping with 22-44 in early-mid position. I will limp with those hands on the CO or button with lots of early position limpers & hope to flop a set.

-I would search for some of the steal discussions in HUSH. A lot of people are stealing from CO with 108s, 97s, weak suited aces, etc.

-You shouldn't be worried about a flop getting bet/raised when you hold 2 overs. Many times you will have the best hand. Not putting in a bet on the flop is letting gutshots draw for free & weak hands make 2pair or 1pair on the turn for free. There are very few situations where I like to raise PF & not bet the flop.

-I beat the 1/2 at Party over 710 hands for 19.61BB/100. It doesn't mean jack. I ran really well. I also had over 100K hands of 1/2-10/20 when I finally started playing at Party. You ran really well also, nothing more.

I would definately start posting hands though, so you can get advice on how to change your play. I think you might be running bad, but I think your play is also lacking in some areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3893/untitled3py.jpg

Silverback
08-17-2005, 05:55 AM
I wouldnt start auto stealing with 87o or T8o or 64s, theres many better hands than these that you should be playing to get your att to steal blinds up. Hands likes Ax, K7, Q6s, J7s,

Get you att to steal blinds at at least 30%-36%, add at a rate you feel comfortable, and remember that steal hands are dependant on how the blinds play, so some tables you'll be stealing loads, others you'll have to tighten up cause both blinds will be calling or reraising etc more often.

Use a bit more aggression on the flop, personally thats where I use most of my aggression, knock players out and find out where you are in the hand,

AGF of 3 on flop is fine, maybe bit less is best,

I dont often fold top pair,

middle pair isnt going to much good in the long run to turn check raises, but always keep an eye out for who is doing the raising, especially if HUs and you feel an aggressive player is constantly bullying you out of pots, although that doesnt seem to common at $3/$6 so generally your behind with mid pair to a turn raise, check raise.

Definetly move down limits, you'll feel sick as dog if bad run continues as your BR is to low, I play with 600-1000 BB BR, but Im happy to move up slowly and cashing out before moving up so I end up playing only with poker profit.

Stork
08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what else to say, but I can honestly tell you that playing on a 200BB roll isn't getting in the way of my play.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been stealing more and I think it's been working out okay, thanks for the tip. My pfr is still only up to 15 and I feel like I'm stealing like a maniac /images/graemlins/ooo.gif, and I'm someone who plays alot of heads up holdem.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about J9o from mid position, is it playable? You're not gonna convince me that pairs aren't profitable, though. It's just a matter of whether to limp or to raise, depending on how tight the blinds are.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've been stealing with these regularly, got my steal up to 29% now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to make it sound like I rarely bet the flop, I just meant that there are some flops that I will check behind when I am pretty sure a check-raise is coming, and I have no piece of the flop. Also, I'm only doing this last to act. I usually bet the overs. Got the flop agg. up to 2.00.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still workin on that, down to 40% now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry I'm aware that 700 hands is nothing, that's why I added the smiley face.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've plugged most of my leaks, feels like I'm playing good again, am now down only $33. Thanks for all your help.

krishanleong
08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

I don't know what else to say, but I can honestly tell you that playing on a 200BB roll isn't getting in the way of my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should.

Krishan