PDA

View Full Version : Pair of ten's reraised preflop level 3

HelmetCrash
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
$20 NL STT. 7 players left, blinds 25/50. I'm UTG with a stack of 800 and raise a pair of tens to 150 preflop. Middle player with bigger stack than me reraises to 250 and everyone folds around to me. My action?

The small amount of the reraise confused me, I felt like I needed to call. I almost would have rather seen my opponent put in a larger raise, then I would have viewed the hand as an all-in preflop problem and it would have been easier to analyze.

Does anybody not like the raise amount? It is 20% of my stack and puts me in a little bit of an awkward position when I am reraised.

08-17-2005, 02:18 AM
I limp and call a reasonable raise here. I think you've got to push or fold after being re-raised, i would push.

08-17-2005, 02:41 AM
I usually also limp with TT when UTG. As for that reraise, did you have any kind of read on the raiser? He probably has AK, AQs, or JJ-AA, in which case you're either racing or beaten. I might call the min-reraise, look at the texture of the flop and be prepared to fold.

As for your raise, if you ARE going to raise, it was a good raise. Especially since you know that anyone reraising a strong UTG raise probably has a very strong hand.

Paulson
08-17-2005, 03:41 AM
That raise screams big PP.

Too much folding equity here.