PDA

View Full Version : Super System versus Super System 2

ninjia3x
08-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Are there any differences?

is one better than the other?

I just don't want to buy SS2 and find that its missing some stuff from SS1.

thx for the help.

jacknine
08-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Pokerjoker said it all Re: I DOYLE BRUNSONED AND WON!!!!!!
[ QUOTE ]
BRUNSONS STRATEGY DOES NOT WORK FOR LOW LIMIT GAMES. God if I had $50 for every fish I played that thought it does Id be rich.....oh wait..I DO.

[/ QUOTE ]

08-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Here a summarized opening paragraph to Super System 2 that I think will answer your question.

"When I decided to create this all-new edition of Super/System, I pondered how much no-limit hold'em has changed in the past twenty-seven years...[...] So, I sat down to revise this chapter, to bring it up to modern day standards. But you know what? I hadn't read my own advice for fifteen years, and when I sat down to examine it, I just kept nodding my head in agreement and muttering, 'Damn, that's good!"

In summary. Yes Super/System 2 is worth the read and it has signficant additions to Super/System to make it worth the additional buy but the original Super/System is the place to start.

I agree with other posters though, and Brunson himself declares that the only real way to learn poker is to play poker. So I suggest throwing $200 into a site like Pacific Poker where the competition is weak and many micro games are offered. You can get into a 3 table tournament for just $1.10 or $10NL games. The lessons you learn there will build your experience and your bankroll until you are ready to move up.

08-17-2005, 04:14 AM
The NL chapter is the same. the main difference is that some chapters from the original were removed (like five card draw), and new chapters were added (like triple draw low and Omaha). I think the new limit chapter by Jennifer Harmen is very good.

Petteri
08-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I think Super System 2 is better buy. NL holdem section is identical to Super System. Super System 2 has more up to date information about other games it covers.

In Super System there are many chapters covering games rarely played these days.