PDA

View Full Version : Theory Question

ninjia3x
08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
everyone starts 100BB in a full table.

some guy limps in in EP, given he is fairly solid, and doesn't get out of hand too often.

You raise it to 4xBB in MP with AK

EP pushes now... Whats your play?

I'm thinking he would put most likely put me at 2 pair or better, and he still elects to push, does that mean he floped a set of 8's or better?

Folding sounds extremely weak, and kind of odd, but what hand would he really have for that play?

This is just one example. My main point is if you have a very strong hand, and you have already represented it by your actions to your oppoents, and your fairly certain your opponent is aware. And he still bets over top, is it time for a fold?

flop comes AK8 (9.5 x big blind)

he leads for the pot.

you min raise to match the current pot.

He pushes.

pokerjoker
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Ill post this to the other people dont have to

dont post stuff like that here...there is not even close to enough information to make a decision here and it is obviously not a high stakes hand u were playing.

captZEEbo1
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
you don't even say if flop is rainbow or not. Folding top two isn't probably not a winning play in a raised pot.

yvesaint
08-17-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isn't probably not a winning play

[/ QUOTE ]

???

fanmail
08-17-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My main point is if you have a very strong hand, and you have already represented it by your actions to your oppoents, and your fairly certain your opponent is aware. And he still bets over top, is it time for a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. That is opponent and read dependent. Its hard to fold top 2 pair, though, in that situation. By the way, your post is all out of order.