PDA

View Full Version : Stop-n-go mania (or, did I do this right?)

IdiotVig
08-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Stars 6.50 Turbo. Read on villain is that 3-4xBB is his standard raise, and has come in about 30-40% of the hands the entire tourney this way, and very frequently in this level (which changes in less than 1 minute to 75/150). He'll stick around with any piece of the flop, but has let a lot of hands go, too.

So:

1.) Is this hand worthy of calling a raise? Probably not, even for this game. [Yes, I played it anyway. Get your Bics ready for flamin'.] However, villain had shown down some hands earlier where he played Ax and stuck around until the end because x hit the flop. So, there's a good chance that even if I am in a 60/40 situation, he'll pay me off with a second-best hand when we both hit.

2.) Any FE now by pushing preflop? Not likely. Villain hadn't laid down a hand preflop, but then, no one really played back at him.

3.) Any FE available when the flop hits? Yes, provided it misses villain.

So, for experimentation's (and posting's) sake, i decide to stop. Then, when the flop hit:

4.) Is the flop texture suitable and sensible for a push? Yes. So I push.

Am I close to figuring out this play? Not so much? Get this donktacular Hero guy in my game ASAP? Serve him drinks, too?...

Advice badly needed. Thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1018)
CO (t935)
Villain (t3815)
SB (t2724)
Hero (t1340)
UTG (t2183)
MP1 (t1485)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t850) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t940 (All-In)</font>, Villain folds.

Final Pot: t1790

bluefeet
08-17-2005, 12:37 AM
close /images/graemlins/wink.gif

the "go" implies you're popping the flop REGARDLESS. you're analysis that this flop missed villian is obviously accurate. but you're pushing regardless.

...and yes, you probably don't have the FE looking at his stack/raise to get him to fold PF.

HOWEVER:

you simply didn't need to play this hand at all IMO. you are no worse off than 1/2 the table, the BB is only t100, and you have 13 of them. just fold this PF.

if the BB was 200? perfect.

bjb23
08-17-2005, 12:51 AM
this hand left a really bad taste in my mouth. for the love of god, fold this hand preflop. this is a horrible spot for a stop and go.

my advice: focus on the basics before you try to get fancy with cute plays. otherwise you will be sabotaging yourself.

(sidenote: this is not a flame, just an adamant response. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)