K. Barlow
J. Plummer
Ke. Johnson
D. Boston
N. Davenport
M. Nugent

brettbrettr
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Rbs seem thin. You have one too many qbs.

brettbrettr
08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rbs seem thin. You have one too many qbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, two too many.

fingokra
08-16-2005, 11:15 PM
You don't think I should take a backup QB at all? Green, Bell, Barlow, Davenport at RB and have to play two. Just took Davenport to back up Green. I am not to thrilled with these myself. 4 rbs 2 spots. 6 wrs 3 spots. Should I have taken a rb in round 6 or 7?

Clarkmeister
08-16-2005, 11:26 PM
I normally ask for scoring system, but for this it's not needed. You get a D, maybe a D-.

fingokra
08-16-2005, 11:36 PM
standard yahoo scoring system, 6 pts td rush/pass/rec.
1 pt for 20 yrds rush/rec.
1 pt for 50 yrds pass etc.
how about explaining why

brettbrettr
08-16-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
M. Nugent

[/ QUOTE ]

This alone is good enough for an A++++.

fingokra
08-16-2005, 11:41 PM
actually I already put him on waivers and took L. Suggs
although I will have to drop someone and pick up a kicker by opening day

also not drafted was A. Davis Cleveland's #1 Wr should I even give him a second thought

brettbrettr
08-17-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I normally ask for scoring system, but for this it's not needed. You get a F-, maybe something worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he put Nugent on waivers I had to FYP.

Clarkmeister
08-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Somehow you have managed to have neither a top RB, nor a top WR. That's a rare feat. Drafting CP-ep in the first round is insane. I can only surmise that you are a FF n00b.

It's not that you have no chance, but you need a lot of things to go your way, including for your RB's to not only have best case seasons, but for them to stay healthy. ick.

Dynasty
08-17-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

D. Graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham won't even be the #1 tight end on the Patriots this year.

Sluss
08-17-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Graham won't even be the #1 tight end on the Patriots this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think the Patriots have had a #1 Fantasy TE since Ben Coates.

By the way for those keeping track that is my second Ben Coates reference in a month. Is it obvious the guy won me a fantasy league one year?

JayLear
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also not drafted was A. Davis Cleveland's #1 Wr should I even give him a second thought

[/ QUOTE ]

Two names...Braylon Edwards and Trent Dilfer. Answer is no.

JayLear
08-17-2005, 09:39 AM
That's kinda' ugly. Your RB's are really weak -- I don't hate your WR's as much as everybody else seems to, but for having settled for so little at RB I'd like to see you stronger there. I think I'd be staying away from Culpepper in the first round until he proves himself in the post-Moss era.

fingokra
08-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Culpepper was ranked as 7th pick by yahoo. I took him at eight. He had 320 pts. Only 36 pts shy of Manning who was the #1 pick. 70 pts ahead of McNabb who was third by nearly 50 pts. I thought this was a pretty easy pick. I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise.

brettbrettr
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Culpepper was ranked as 7th pick by yahoo. I took him at eight. He had 320 pts. Only 36 pts shy of Manning who was the #1 pick. 70 pts ahead of McNabb who was third by nearly 50 pts. I thought this was a pretty easy pick. I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to weigh the points in terms of position and how productive other players of that position are.

The Armchair
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Davis is right now maybe #3 on that team, behind Bryant and Northcutt, and should fall to #4 behind Edwards as well. So, no.

LBJ
08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Davis is right now maybe #3 on that team, behind Bryant and Northcutt, and should fall to #4 behind Edwards as well. So, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, he should not be considered anytime soon, especially with Trent Dilfer throwing to him. But Phily and Cleveland are discussing a trade with Andre Davis reportedly as the centerpeice so if that would ever happen his fantasy value would skyrocket in value.

McGahee
08-17-2005, 01:23 PM
I was keeping track, let me just check that off, thanks.
You mean the Ben Winter Coates who replaced Starvin Marvin Cooke.

The Armchair
08-17-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
typical Yahoo scoring qb,rb,rb,wr,wr,wr,te,def,k
15 rounds I get 8th pick out of 12

Culpepper
Green
T.Bell
Horn
D. Jackson
N. Burleson
I. Bruce
Phila
D. Graham
K. Barlow
J. Plummer
Ke. Johnson
D. Boston
N. Davenport
M. Nugent

[/ QUOTE ]

It helps if you break it down by position. Your team looks like:

STARTERS
QB: Culpepper
RB: A. Green, T. Bell
WR: Horn, D. Jackson, Burleson
TE: Graham
DEF: Philly
PK: Nugent

Don't draft a kicker. Don't draft a defense. If you insist on drafting a TE, draft a stud -- or at least a guy who is a clear starter.

If you are going to start Tatum Bell, you have to draft Mike Anderson. And maybe Ron Dayne, sad as it may seem.

If Culpepper-Burleson light it up, you're competitive. If not, your team is dangerously bad. Your running game can't compete with most others (unless Bell wins the job outright) and your receivers are reliable but you lack top five talent.

BENCH
QB: Plummer
RB: Barlow, Poops Davenport
WR: Bruce, Keyshawn (I think? Not Kevin) Johnson, Boston

Your bench is wretched, with Plummer being superfluous (you'll start him only in week 5, versus a decent WAS defense), and having wasted spots with Barlow and Keychain. David Boston is waiver wire fodder at this point, given that he is the #3 WR on a bad offense. I like Isaac Bruce as a 5th WR, but he'll service as a #4, and Poops Davenport is good when you have Fumbles Green. I'm not a Kevan Barlow fan but he is a starting RB (for now), so he's okay. In fact, he may suit your team uniquely well, because he is likely to lose his job at about the same time Tatum Bell wins his.

brettbrettr
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And maybe Ron Dayne, sad as it may seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful there, pal.

fingokra
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
thank you
this is the kind of response that I can learn from

I drafted the kicker with my last pick which at that point is prett much just taking him of waivers early. I mean I have to play a kicker so whoever I get at that point someone will have to go so I can get a kicker later.

On the drafting the defence, I didn't see where anyone I could have drafted at this pint would make my starting lineup or help sign. Phila at the time was (in my opinion) a much better def. than any other available. Do I draft another WR/RB there just for insurance? Same thinking with TE?

fingokra
08-24-2005, 12:06 AM
After the great reviews I recieved for the first draft, I decided to join another league. (sarcasm free of charge)Tell me if I did any better this time.

Scoring in this league is a bit different. 1pt for each reception everything else is pretty standard. 13 person league. I got #1 pick.
QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,TE,WR/RB,K,DEF

Peyton Manning (yeah I know but I am not pulling for LT & SD all year)
Tiki Barber
Rudi Johnson
Curtis Martin
Jeremy Shockey
Larry Fitzgerald
Daniel Graham
Mushin Muhammad
Santana Moss
Cinci
Chris Chambers
Dominic Rhodes
Frank Gore
Derrick Blaylock
L. Tynes
Joe Jurevicious
Rex Grossman
Erron Kinney
Chris Riley

I am pretty light on WR. Should I have taken the best available WR instead of Martin? any other suggestions, besides don't draft a defense and a kicker

Sluss
08-24-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1pt for each reception everything else is pretty standard... Peyton Manning (yeah I know but I am not pulling for LT & SD all year)

[/ QUOTE ]

1 point for each reception makes LT god. You wouldn't have to root just count up the points.

Nice comeback on the running backs.

(4)Curtis Martin
(5)Jeremy Shockey There just had to be some decent Wideouts at this spot. With one point per reception a WR would have been a better pick.

Rex Grossman - Drop him, at best he will be back in Week 8 and that is Peyton's bye week. Pick up Brian Griese if you can he is playing SF that week.