PDA

View Full Version : too much shorthanded...

darker_days
08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Major downswing (i hope /images/graemlins/blush.gif) at the 3/6 SH tables so dropped back down to the 2/4 tables for confidence boost and fine tuning.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

likey or no likey?
UTG +1 will calldown with anytwo cards, so wasnt too worried about him folding in this.

toss
08-16-2005, 10:35 PM
PF is too loose for my taste, I'd rather raise than call here.

I don't think you quite have the equity to C/R the turn with your ~15 outs. Maybe its borderline, I dunno.

shant
08-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Fold preflop.

ArturiusX
08-16-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grats on 3000 posts. Purple is ghey though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also, easy fold preflop, I just call and check-raise a river that helps me.

Nick C
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just call and check-raise a river that helps me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you checkraise a heart?

I'm not sure I would. It's great if it works, but I'd be concerned about whiffing.

sweetjazz
08-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't think the preflop call is all that bad. It really depends on the texture of the table. I'd consider folding, calling, or raising with ATo here. I probably fold more often than the other two, but I usually limp here in a weak passive live game.

Even though you have 15 outs, 8 of them are tainted. The six non-heart straight outs and the 9h / Th all could make you an expensive second best hand.

If you just call the river and spike a fourth heart, it's tricky to decide whether or not to go for the check raise. I tend to go for it because I noticed lower limit players usually commit themselves to betting for the rest of the pot once they show aggression, but you'll definitely whiff some of the time. (I think, absent a specific read to the contrary, you'll whiff way less than 50% of the time, and you'll almost always be called.)

clownshoes
08-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Either fold or raise PF (fold) calling is horrible.

LImitPlayer
08-17-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, raise this pf, not fold. (calling is the worst of the 3)

[ QUOTE ]
UTG +1 will calldown with anytwo cards, so wasnt too worried about him folding in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of player you want to Isolate.

I don't like the turn checkraise.

You are behind every possible hand that a normal person would 3 bet with here. Yes you have outs but getting 3 bet would suck.

shant
08-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm all for isolating bad players but I prefer not to do it so early with ATo.

Harv72b
08-17-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LImitPlayer
08-17-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

For me raising ATo UTG is standard, doesn't matter if I'm isolating or not but I think I probably
raise a little more pf than most players here.