PDA

View Full Version : Inflection points and brick and mortar single table tournament.

08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
The local brick and mortar establishment recently started single table tournaments. Following is the tournament structure:
45$ buy in.
11 players
1000 chips
15 minute blinds.
I recently completed the inflection point section of Harrington on Hold' Em and I was wondering what strategy advice the forum could offer. Everyone starts at the table with an M of 13 which places you in a low yellow zone ( M of 10-20) Harrington states that in this zone you lose the ability to play conservative and also lose the ability to play conservative. After a lot of fluff my purpose of this post is 1) To see if others play live single table games similar to this structure and have identified any strategy tips that are effective and 2) If this structure is not even worth the time and money. Thanks for all reviews and try to go easy on me this time. Tim

HighestCard
08-16-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Harrington states that in this zone you lose the ability to play conservative and also lose the ability to play conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, a very redundant strategy from Harrington /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Other than that I see no useful responce I can give to your post because I have absolutly no experience in this area.

morgan180
08-16-2005, 09:27 PM
For the most part the general thinking is that many of Harrington's strategies (especially Q & M) are irrelevant to SNG play because everyone is so low chipped to begin with. Add to that that 15 minute blind levels is brutal in a hand-dealt tournament and you can basically throw out those Q&M ratios and go with solid SNG strategy. Prime goal is to only get involved early when you have a very strong hand, or can pick up chips easily and save up for Fold Equity at the end of the tournament when the blinds are lethal.