PDA

View Full Version : Commerce Report

12-15-2001, 02:05 AM
The new room in the hotel is, to me, a major disappointment. The tables are somewhat farther apart than they were in the old room, but I'm still constantly having my chair banged into. The new food carts are awkward and small and there's no receptacle for bottles. When you're finished eating, the tray stays in the aisle for hours. Finding a porter is next to impossible.

Finding someone to give you service is also a full-time job and the food comes much slower than it did before. Twice in the last week my hot food was cold. The board is barely visible (for those of us with quadrifocals) unless you are at the table right next to it. It's not consistently as frigid as it was in the old room, but it's either been uncomfortably hot or cold my last 4 visits. It takes a very long time for them to bring you chips when you first sit down and finding chip racks when you're ready to leave ain't easy (although today I noted a big stack of them next to the board) The wait at the cashier window is nearly always interminable. Today I waited 2 minutes for the cashier to find someone to "verify" her chip count.

When I pulled in today, there was a car with it's lights on. I told four different people inside, each one directing me to the next; the last one told me don't worry, security will catch it and make an announcement. When I left four hours later, the lights on the car were still on, although noticeably less bright.

They couldn't find a microphone at one point today to call people for a new game. And the quality of the dealers has deteriorated markedly.

My favorite incident was when, with a board with four suits and every card a 9 or below, I turned over my pocket queens and my opponent turned over his pocket jacks. The dealer stared at the cards for at least 10 seconds before finally my opponent said "give it to the guy with the queens please and deal the next hand."

Other than that, things seem OK.

12-15-2001, 02:19 AM
Is all of the action still there, or is some of it drifting back to HP?

12-15-2001, 03:49 AM
I can't believe how much business that place gets. They've always seemed like one of the worst run places.

12-16-2001, 12:51 AM
I like HP even if its less classy for I can play the ponies as well.

12-16-2001, 01:54 PM
nothing suckceeds, like success

12-17-2001, 01:04 AM
Still seems very busy. I play only ocassionally, but during the week there have been 2-3 20-40 games, a 30-60 (sometimes 2) and usually 2 40-80 games.