PDA

View Full Version : I hate these spots =\

Jinx
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Was switching between a lot of tables, so no reads, unforunetly. But neither person had done anything ridiculous.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...

What's my plan for the rest of the hand? If I had 1 caller, I'd bet out in a heartbeat. But with 2, I'm not feeling great.

jba
08-16-2005, 08:34 PM
well we definitely have to bet here.

and there are too many options for me to list after that.

edit: i grammar suck

Roy6
08-16-2005, 08:35 PM
If you bet the turn, you might get a free showdown.

If you check, it might get checked thorugh when you have the best hand. If you get raised, you don't lose too much with folding (pot small+gutshot is longshot+possible split).

wackjob
08-16-2005, 08:36 PM
I think you already knew to bet here.

me454555
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
I check this turn b/c

1) My oppoent thinks my most likely hand is an A
2) I don't want to get check raised
3) I don't want him to fold a hand w/few outs
4) I may get him to bluff/call the river w/a worse hand where he would have folded had I bet the turn

pfkaok
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had 1 caller, I'd bet out in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

with only 1 caller i'd be more inclined to check than with 2, esp if you had position on caller. giving a free card is way more costly in this spot against 2 than against a single player.

pfkaok
08-16-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check this turn b/c

1) My oppoent thinks my most likely hand is an A
2) I don't want to get check raised
3) I don't want him to fold a hand w/few outs
4) I may get him to bluff/call the river w/a worse hand where he would have folded had I bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much why i'd check when HU in postion on this type of hand

ChicagoTroy
08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
You've got to bet. Weaker kings will call that flop, so will queens, as will somebody with a jack or ten hoping to see "one more card."

Fold to a raise. I check down the river if both guys stay in.