PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season 3

kenberman
08-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I was late onto the 24 (TV show) bandwagon. I happened to catch the season opener of season 4, loved it, and proceeded to watch seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I thought all 3 seasons were great TV.

Now, I've heard from a few people that season 3 sucked, and that 1,2, and 4 are much better. So, I'll let OOT decide:

jason_t
08-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes.

jason_t
08-16-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

KDawgCometh
08-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I do think that season 1 was the best one, but season 3 is pretty damn good. This is one of the best written shows on tv so even though it might now be as good as the other seasons, but you'll still be sitting on the edge of your seat and enjoying it

KingMarc
08-16-2005, 08:23 PM
While many people say season 3 wasn't as good, I enjoyed 99% of it. For $50 to buy it, it is way worth it.

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 08:24 PM
I like them all so go get it.

But, during the first 2 episodes of season 4, I did argue with my roommate for a solid hour how there were only 2 prior seasons and that we where watching season 3... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

So 3 couldn't have been that memorable.

Nick-Zack
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While many people say season 3 wasn't as good, I enjoyed 99% of it. For $50 to buy it, it is way worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

$50 is 2 1/2 months of www.netflix.com (http://www.netflix.com) - you can watch 24 and about 40 more movies for the same price. I never saw the point of owning movies, after you have watched it once what is the point of having it?

JaBlue
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over.

[/ QUOTE ]

really gay

KDawgCometh
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the ignoring of a certain major situation for jack after a point is a big plot hole that many(icluded I) have a problem with, but outside of that, there are some awesome twists and turns in season3

Soul Daddy
08-16-2005, 09:40 PM
It is the worst of the 4 seasons, I'd say by a good amount. But it's still worth watching.

Bulldog
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
What is that? Put it in white text if you don't want to spoil.

Also, I, like the OP, just picked up the show and ripped through 72 episodes in three weeks. Will S4 be released on DVD before S5 begins airing so I can catch up?

MrMon
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Traditionally, 24 is released just prior to its new season. Find when the new season starts, it should be out just before then.

Season 5 starts in January. Looks for a Xmas release.

MrTrik
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is the worst of the 4 seasons, I'd say by a good amount. But it's still worth watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
08-17-2005, 12:01 PM
k, no prob. For those that haven't seen all of season 3 spolier in white:

<font color="white">I didn't like that Jack's herion addiction just got left out after the whole thing with the salazars was done. Someone who has a herion addiction is gonna be feeling the effects when they don't have the drug, so IMO that was a oversight by the writers that should've been addressed </font>

Sadat X
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Season 3 is weak, it caused me to give up on 24.

kenberman
08-17-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Season 3 is weak, it caused me to give up on 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what a couple buddies told me. I then got them back into 24 when I told them how good season 4 was. they agreed after after they came back to watching.

Phoenix1010
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was late onto the 24 (TV show) bandwagon. I happened to catch the season opener of season 4, loved it, and proceeded to watch seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. I thought all 3 seasons were great TV.

Now, I've heard from a few people that season 3 sucked, and that 1,2, and 4 are much better. So, I'll let OOT decide:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only got 8 more episodes of Season 2 left. Does anyone think it's feasible to skip 3 entirely, or will I miss too much plot? Is it that bad? This thread is making me sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bulldog
08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I loved S3. Definitely not as good as S1 &amp; S2, but still good. If S1 was a 10 and S2 was an 9.5, S3 is an 8 or 8.5.

Bulldog
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I didn't like that Jack's herion addiction just got left out after the whole thing with the salazars was done. Someone who has a herion addiction is gonna be feeling the effects when they don't have the drug, so IMO that was a oversight by the writers that should've been addressed </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I don't think it was ever more than an hour or two that went by that we didn't see some sort of effects of him craving the drug. /images/graemlins/confused.gif</font>

Soul Daddy
08-17-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved S3. Definitely not as good as S1 &amp; S2, but still good. If S1 was a 10 and S2 was an 9.5, S3 is an 8 or 8.5.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd guess that's what the issue is with most people. The bar was just set too high by the first two seasons.

kenberman
08-17-2005, 01:44 PM
82% of the people have said to watch season 3, so that's the plan!

bottom line: some people didn't like season 3, most loved it, so there's no reason to skip it.

chrisdhal
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think it's feasible to skip 3 entirely, or will I miss too much plot? Is it that bad? This thread is making me sad /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Each season is pretty much standalone. There's some crossover in characters, but the plots are totally isolated.

You should watch S3, it's still better than 99% of any other TV show. The "problem" is that 24 set the bar very high on the first couple of seasons despite Elisha Cuthbert's terrible character, she's hot, but man she was dumb and frustrating to watch.

pokerdirty
08-17-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should watch S3, it's still better than 99% of any other TV show. The "problem" is that 24 set the bar very high on the first couple of seasons despite Elisha Cuthbert's terrible character, she's hot, but man she was dumb and frustrating to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you would rather watch Chloe then...

KDawgCometh
08-17-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I don't think it was ever more than an hour or two that went by that we didn't see some sort of effects of him craving the drug. /images/graemlins/confused.gif</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> THey really downplayed it, and it got forgot about at a point. By the time that he killed chappelle they had stopped showing him craving it, IIRC. I don't have it on dvd so I am remembering it right from me watching it week in week out </font>

sublime
08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
AWESOME! I just had the same question (almost)

I never saw any of them and just watched season 1 and was wondering if season 2 was good. I mean I liked season 1, but its a large commitment of time, so I dont want to get wrapped up in a medicore story line.

kenberman
08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I never saw any of them and just watched season 1 and was wondering if season 2 was good. I mean I liked season 1, but its a large commitment of time, so I dont want to get wrapped up in a medicore story line.

[/ QUOTE ]

season 2 is awesome. watch it, and it's really not close

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Phoenix1010
08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
despite Elisha Cuthbert's terrible character, she's hot, but man she was dumb and frustrating to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably is a thread derailment, but I agree with this so much. Her character pissed me off so much that I decided to fast forward through most of her segments in season two because she was making me want to ram my head against the wall. At least her acting improved somewhat since season 1, where she butchered almost every scene she took part in.

kenberman
08-17-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
despite Elisha Cuthbert's terrible character, she's hot, but man she was dumb and frustrating to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably is a thread derailment, but I agree with this so much. Her character pissed me off so much that I decided to fast forward through most of her segments in season two because she was making me want to ram my head against the wall. At least her acting improved somewhat since season 1, where she butchered almost every scene she took part in.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but shes hot

sublime
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

season 2 is awesome. watch it, and it's really not close

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gonna edit my netflix que now. thanks ken.