PDA

View Full Version : Satellite KK

mojolang
03-30-2003, 04:57 AM
Early on in a satellite, UTG NL. Kh Kd, everyone starts w/100 chips, I have 80, 1st level blnds 1-2. Everybody except for maybe two players are absolutely terrible. They do not understand NL concepts and really don't understand ourney concepts. They are calling for 10 chips with as little as Q9o so I figure I can definately outplay them. I raise UTg w/K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif making it 10 to go. All folded to the button (probably the second best player) calls (he has the same). Flop Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif I move all-in and get called. Turns over A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif hearts come on turn and river. I think I played it okay, although I might have made a bigger preflop raise.

ohkanada
04-02-2003, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't raise more pre-flop unless you are likely to get called by bad hands like A3s.

On the flop with a pot of 23 and you having 70, I don't know if I would bet all-in. What type of hands would you expect him to call you with that you have beat? If you do think he will call with draws or one pair hands then I like the bet.

Ken Poklitar