PDA

View Full Version : Who do you find funnier Elysium or Joey Bloey?

Mike Gallo
03-30-2003, 03:00 AM
I have read many of Elysiums recent posts and I cannot stop laughing at them.

Who else finds then moderately humorous?

Punker
03-30-2003, 06:46 AM
If you mean JOEYBITCH, no one will ever be funnier.

Roy Munson
03-30-2003, 10:36 AM
JoeyBloey preceeded JoeyBitch as a poster. Both provided valuable insight into poker that one can not find in even the best poker publications.

David Steele
03-30-2003, 01:05 PM
I have the feeling Elysium is a joke by someone we know.
Abdul could it be?

D.

John Feeney
03-30-2003, 07:25 PM
i could be wrong, i'm not sure. but Elysium shows that he's able to snap the river. that alone seems worth an overcall or at least some acknowledgement. not all of us can snap or do snap so easily or continuously. that said, there's power in numbers and Ely plays the numbers about the way others would, only not quite the same, i don't think. i'm not sure though.

call me what you will, but can a poll like this ever really indicate where to draw the line between El and Joe. obviously, no way. so what's its purpose? we can surmise it must be downstream from the needs of posters as a group. yet they don't recogize that. at least they don't appear to. i say go ahead and post the poll taking into account that we'll never be certain. poll for gosh sakes, it's an easy poll! wait, i changed my mind.

Ulysses
03-30-2003, 07:39 PM
oh, john, lets see now... you are now trying to snap. that is brilliant. but wait a sec, yes, yes, you are still going for the overcall.... i mean, what the point if you still do that? (lol) ok, john, from now on restricting you to AA, KK raise only. if i cant stop you, you can overcall with AKs only and AQs. but no more utg craziness with QQ that goes straight into the garbage. no snapping with JJ that is suicide.

and you think the poll is easy. but you know better john. most of your posts are very good. but i dont know. maybe not... i mean, if he's going to poll then you go mandatory. right? you see what i'm saying? otherwise why would he poll if he knows you will vote? you have to vote. unless you try to snap the poll.... ok, wait, let me think. maybe you are right after all, but i don't think so. not voting is suicide. i mean, he is sure you will try to snap and not vote. but if you don't vote then you will hit him hard so maybe you should still go mandatory and vote. i don't know. perhaps you have a good point after all john.

Mike Gallo
03-30-2003, 08:39 PM
John, Ulysses...

You guys must know Elysium very well.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds his posting bizarre.

Best Wishes

Michael

Ed Miller
03-30-2003, 10:03 PM
ulysses you have a lot to learn about this game.

sucka
03-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I would feel VERY sorry for someone who would spend THAT much time posting this crap if only for pure entertainment value. Not to mention, it would take someone with one wild imagination to come up with that stuff. The sheer volume leads me to believe that it has to be for real. Who's going to toss up ~200 posts in 2 weeks? I've yet to see anyone do that - legitimate or not. Hell, I've been on here for 7 months only have a few more than that.

That being said, it is weird to me that he NEVER responds to anyone who legitimately repsonds to one of his posts with a follow up or questions some of the crap that is in his post. He just sees a new thread and chimes in with 3 or 4 paragraphs of garbage and then he's off to spam the next new thread.

Mike Gallo
03-30-2003, 11:48 PM
MajorKong...

Ulysses did a great job of writing as Elysium. He did good job, as did John Feeney.

Read it again and you will chuckle /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Michael

Ulysses
03-31-2003, 12:05 AM
majorkong,

I have seen the light and joined mike l. as a disciple of elysium. I respectfully suggest you do the same.

Rick Nebiolo
03-31-2003, 02:10 AM
I didn't even know this guy Elysium existed until performing a search after viewing your post. This forum is just too damn big to keep up with for an old man like me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif.

~ Rick

PS I voted for Elysium

John Feeney
03-31-2003, 02:15 AM
hi Uly, i think you've hit the nail on my head. unless i'm wrong you're talking about hands i don't even know. but i'll play them anyway, only if i've got the ev to do it. you' ve trumped me this time though, i need to go back and study Ely some more before i say additional things. i'm not sure you're right, but i feel positive about it. so play or don't.

John Feeney
03-31-2003, 02:18 AM
Actually, I only discovered Elysium yesterday. I only read the occasional "play of a hand" post these days, but I happened to read one where Ely was kind enough to contribute. That prompted me to look at a few more of his posts. And I know genius when I see it. (Feel free to use that quote Ely. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif )

mike l.
03-31-2003, 03:57 AM
"but you know better john. most of your posts are very good. but i dont know. maybe not... i mean, if he's going to poll then you go mandatory."

holy sh*t! youve got it down!

mike l.
03-31-2003, 03:59 AM
i think the message we're all trying to send elysium is:

WRITE A BOOK!

glen
03-31-2003, 04:11 AM
I have been perusing this site for about two years, but I don't remember Joey Bloey (maybe a took a while off or something), but I do remember the week when Joeybitch was posting what he called "new art" everyday, and I remember that they were so funny that I think I showed them to all my non-poker-playing friends, too. They didn't really get them, but I tried to explain the best I could, like a "Music Appreciation" class or something, but a "Joeybitch Appreciation Class." I even went so far as to explain the rules of poker so they could understand how Joeybitch beat his opponents. When he got three-bet after raising with J5o - "So, I decide to smooth-call. . . " I vote for Joeybitch. . .

Ed Miller
03-31-2003, 09:05 AM
he was mocking Elysium

*sigh* I know... apparently I'm not as good (or obvious at least) as Ulysses. But that's my favorite elysium line... he ends half his posts telling you that you have a lot to learn about the game.

Ulysses
03-31-2003, 02:22 PM
FWIW, I thought it was pretty funny.

DanS
03-31-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi guys,
The only problem with the Elysium crap is that people spend their time mocking him, and it interferes with the cohesiveness of the posts. I'm still trying to improve my game/hourly expectation, and this negatively affects it. So while it's kinda funny, it also pisses me off, because I think it discourages some pretty good posters from getting involved in a thread.

Dan

mike l.
03-31-2003, 09:12 PM
"When he got three-bet after raising with J5o - "So, I decide to smooth-call. . . "

what's so funny about that? ive posted real hands where i said that exact same thing. sheesh..

Ulysses
03-31-2003, 09:42 PM
Surprisingly, I actually find myself agreeing with the bulk of Elysium's new one-line style responses.

It's clear from his simultaneous posting of both incomprehensible, rambling blather and clear, concise one-line advice/answers, that this guy is quite adept at changing gears.

I think mike l. was right - this guy would have the most confounding table presence ever...

PS:

I'm still trying to improve my game/hourly expectation, and this negatively affects it. So while it's kinda funny, it also pisses me off

Lighten up, Dan! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Here's one poker rule of mine - if anything anyone does at the table can really piss me off, I probably should be spending my time elsewhere. It can't be all that wrong to take the same attitude w/ this forum.

glen
03-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Mike l.,

True, but you usually began yours posts with, "I'm in this yummy 15-30 at Commerce with two awful players, two below average players, and three stiffs who think they play well. Two bad players limp, I raise with J5o. Awful BB three-bets. I decide to smooth-call because he's so weak, he'll check-fold if he misses his ace-king." Joey's was like, "I raise blind. Pokerbabe three-bets. I decided to smooth call. . . "

DanS
03-31-2003, 10:42 PM
Hi Ulysses,
"Lighten up, Dan! Here's one poker rule of mine - if anything anyone does at the table can really piss me off, I probably should be spending my time elsewhere."

Dammit! You've figured out my propensity to tilt at any little thing! Please don't take advantage of it by babbling elysium-esque theories next time we play. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Elysium's ten word response to a good post by haakee may have been more profound than I could ever know:

"hi haakee
hand 1; we won't talk about.
hand 2; you must bet out.
hand 3; beyond discussion"

Maybe this guy is the new messiah. Where's the magic Koolaid? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Dan

P.S. Next time we play, the beer's on me. Nice meeting you!

John Feeney
03-31-2003, 11:32 PM
"...find myself agreeing with the bulk of Elysium's new one-line style responses."

Hmm, that plus his volume of posts (mentioned by sucka) makes me wonder if he could be serious. If so, then I want to apologize for the parody. It seemed to me that Elysium was playing out an offbeat sort of humor, which I can appreciate. But if his unconventional phrasings and terms reflect instead some difficulty putting his thoughts clearly into words, then I shouldn't be parodying them. Instead, perhaps I should suggest that he find someone to help him gain some clarity. I'll just slink off to Other Topics right about now. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif