PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defense and Stealing

kurosh
08-16-2005, 05:24 PM
If I am in the BB vs a SB steal, I will defend with any ace, any pair and any two cards above 3. If I flop a pair or a draw, I will call the flop and raise the turn, always betting if checked to. Roughly 15% of the time, I will do it with air. If the SB is a habitual stealer, I will start reraising PF with my better hands.

Does anyone see any major problems with this? Of course adjustments will be made to different opponents. IE, if someone is very aggressive and will 3-bet the turn with only a pair, I won't raise my missed draws.

aflaba temp
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I really donīt think guidelines this general will do you any good.

You should adapt extreamly to opponent and flop texture.

einbert
08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really donīt think guidelines this general will do you any good.

You should adapt extreamly to opponent and flop texture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this.

It's an extremely dynamic situation. I don't think calling the flop and raising the turn every time you flop a pair or better can possibly be optimal. Especially at 10/20, raising the flop with the right hands on the right boards can reap huge rewards.

Victor
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
i think you should mix it up some with flop raises.

kurosh
08-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Nm, this is a stupid post.

aflaba temp
08-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Try breaking the problem of how to play HUP postflop, into smaller peices.

What is most important to consider and what do you want to accomplish with your actions on:
a drawy board? a dry board? a high board? a low board? a A,K high board? a Q,J,T high board? And so on. Break it down in smaller pieces and try to figure out what concepts are important.

Going on to the next level:
What is important on a drawy + low board against various opponents? Against TAGs, LAGs, LP? What can you accomplish against the different opponents and how?

I'm currently working this way. I don't know if it ideal, but currently it's the best way I know of.