PDA

View Full Version : *Official Contest: Question David Sklansky*

asofel
08-16-2005, 05:23 PM
As mentioned here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3159599&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) by Mat Sklansky, for the right to ask David Sklansky any 3 questions:

What's the most outlandish thing you've ever done? (proof required)

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 05:28 PM
This is a legitimate contest. Ultimately the winner will be determined by poll, but the criteria is degree of outlandishness/ humor. And proper justifcation.

Winner can ask David Sklansky three question which he must answer. Topics can include poker.

morgan180
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
what type of outlandish are we looking for here? i mean debauchery outlandish? career outlandish? sexual exploits outlandish? stupidity outlandish?? or any and all?

asofel
08-16-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what type of outlandish are we looking for here? i mean debauchery outlandish? career outlandish? sexual exploits outlandish? stupidity outlandish?? or any and all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any and all has to be the answer, and Mat gave a good example in the referenced thread.

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 06:08 PM
This contest criteria doesn't seem to work. Let's change it to a limerick contest. I ask only that you compose your limericks without excessive profanity.

To learn about limericks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick_%28poetry%29)

asofel
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This contest criteria doesn't seem to work. Let's change it to a limerick contest. I ask only that you compose your limericks without excessive profanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised everyone got all quiet...some trip reports could have qualified....but oh well...

Wes ManTooth
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
The will be goooood

astroglide
08-16-2005, 06:12 PM
this one will be long and i'm not sure if it will be very good, but give it a shot. it's a story about me doing drugs and getting fired. *** ok i've typed the whole thing out now and i don't think i'm a very good written storyteller but i hope it at least entertains somebody, maybe with a perspective on me that they wouldn't have predicted. ***

i was probably 17 years old and i was employed by quiktrip. i also travelled a lot for parties and did a lot of acid. on friday i went to a party, took a hit of acid, and didn't sleep. on saturday a friend and i went to chicago to go to a party. he drove.

we showed up, assessed the situation, and took 2 hits of acid. the police promptly arrived and kicked everybody out. we were temporarily relocated to some kind of sewage treatment type place (outside of it) with swarms of mosquitoes everywhere. people were trying to figure out where to continue and that sort of thing. somebody in the parking lot was passing around a bottle of vitamin C to enhance acid. when it got to us my friend took some and passed it to me. i shrugged and laughed and took some too, and then he showed me two more hits on his tongue. in an equally retarded lapse of judgement i laughed at it and took 2 more hits.

at this point insects were swarming everywhere and we had to hide in the car. the group drove to hardee's to reconvene somewhere without invasion. some of them went in to eat, and the rest kind of fizzled out. so there we were outside of chicago at like 4AM, about to get nuked on acid, and with nowhere to go. we decided to try to drive home.

we made it down the highway home in about 4 hours without incident. we didn't talk to each other at all, and both of us were extremely nervous (and screwed up obviously). i'm not really sure what i make of how i felt in the car or what happened and this point, but i was hosed and i'm sure he was too. the good news was that he was a veteran acid driver, and he had slept through the last night instead of going out so he was in better shape than me. we followed a frito-lay truck most of the way home on the highway and about an hour after arriving while talking in his apartment my friend blurted out when other friends asked how we got back alive, "does it seem like we followed a bag of potato chips home?" because he didn't recall the specifics of it.

so i had to go to work after that at quiktrip, and this is where the actual story begins.

i show up and i'm still coming down off of the acid. for those who don't know, it's basically impossible to sleep while you're under its effects. it's not a desire or something you could do no matter how badly you wanted it. it's as if you no longer need to. i knew i was going to get hard by my rough weekend and decided to plan ahead. i took a bottle of no-doz from the shelves and popped a couple.

there are routines for what needs to be done there so i got off a little easy at first, stocking coolers and cigarettes (which were out in the open where the candy aisles are now). the acid wore off more, and i was beginning to feel a weight pulling me down into fatigue of some sort. i had to work the registers. i put some ice and coffee in a squart container and put it in the ice cream freezer. i did the routine for a while but we're up on a slight platform in a box. i was screwed and tired, i felt like i was floating. and all the prices in the store had to be memorized and change calculated in your head. a lot of people come in for papers on sunday.

i forced my way through a lot of it but i confessed that i "hadn't slept much the night before" to an assistant manager and requested to do other stuff. he got frustrated, declined, and told me to keep working. i did for a while but i just couldn't take it. i asked for a break and got one.

so i went back to the ice cream freezer. behind the gatorade aisles built into the wall there is a refrigerator. it's pretty cold back there, and if you're working a lot you wear a standard jacket that's hanging up. past that is the freezer, and if you're in there for any amount of time you're going to get super cold so you do the jacket and gloves.

i went into the freezer wearing the jacket and gloves, preparing to shotgun my quart of cold coffee and maybe take some more pills (but i wasn't hot on the pills idea because i was really pressing my luck). i was literally dying of fatigue and i was having trouble remaning concious.

as i was preparing to drink, i realized that the cold was "waking me up". i removed the gloves and jacket. it was really invigorating. i took some sips of the nasty water coffee but the cold was REALLY working. in a stroke of genius i took off my shoes, and then took off my khakis. so i'm in an ice cream cooler in my boxers drinking cold coffee out of a plastic bottle.

in retail you do something called "facing shelves", which is taking products and facing their labels toward the customer as well as stocking them and pulling them forward. you know, so you have a neat wall of clearly-labeled product. the manager had apparently decided to do some facing, and specifically of the ice cream. the fridge opens. i'm not that concerned because i've got a wall of ice cream in front of me, but an entire row at crotch level gets brushed and i hear my general manager yell WHAT THE [censored] IS GOING ON IN THERE? i scramble to put my clothes back on.

the assistant manager was running the overnight/afternoon shift and the general manager was crossing into the afternoon/evening shift, so he showed up. i don't know when, i hadn't noticed him though. i thought i was safe because the assistant (the only manager on duty) had been running the register for me.

he's already in the gatorade area fridge by the time i open the freezer door, and is a mix of confused and angry but it's definitely leaning more toward confused. he starts yelling and i explain that i hadn't slept and that the cold was keeping me awake. he told me he didn't know what was wrong with me or what was going on but he was going to talk to the assistant about my performance and figure out what the hell happened.

we came out to the main area and they conferred and decided i should be suspended, at this point i'm sure they were suspecting drugs. they told me to stock the beer cooler and then go home (lucky for me i lived about 1/4 mile away and rode a bike or walked to work). so i'm dejected and still horrifically tired and i didn't even get much coffee but i go to stock the beer fridge. i do one lap, go back for another, and at this point i can barely stand up.

i grab another load of beer and put it on the dolly. i've got to get it from the back, bring it through the store, and back through some doors to the beer cooler on the other side. as i'm making my way past the cigarette aisles, i basically go black and wipe out. the cart goes down. i go down. right into the cigarette aisles. with customers around and knock tons of packs everywhere. as i'm trying to pick myself and the beer up i instantly get fired and head straight for the door to walk home, to the choral shock and disapproving shakes of my coworkers and customers. then i'm told my bike is in the back, so i have to walk through that again, grab my neon green bicycle, and make a second exit.

i guess i can't prove how i was fired, but i can certainly prove i worked there at that time period simply by recounting tasks and policies and that sort of thing.

astroglide
08-16-2005, 06:13 PM
and now that i've typed it out there's not even a contest! oh well.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-16-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this one will be long and i'm not sure if it will be very good, but give it a shot. it's a story about me doing drugs and getting fired. *** ok i've typed the whole thing out now and i don't think i'm a very good written storyteller but i hope it at least entertains somebody, maybe with a perspective on me that they wouldn't have predicted. ***

i was probably 17 years old and i was employed by quiktrip. i also travelled a lot for parties and did a lot of acid. on friday i went to a party, took a hit of acid, and didn't sleep. on saturday a friend and i went to chicago to go to a party. he drove.

we showed up, assessed the situation, and took 2 hits of acid. the police promptly arrived and kicked everybody out. we were temporarily relocated to some kind of sewage treatment type place (outside of it) with swarms of mosquitoes everywhere. people were trying to figure out where to continue and that sort of thing. somebody in the parking lot was passing around a bottle of vitamin C to enhance acid. when it got to us my friend took some and passed it to me. i shrugged and laughed and took some too, and then he showed me two more hits on his tongue. in an equally retarded lapse of judgement i laughed at it and took 2 more hits.

at this point insects were swarming everywhere and we had to hide in the car. the group drove to hardee's to reconvene somewhere without invasion. some of them went in to eat, and the rest kind of fizzled out. so there we were outside of chicago at like 4AM, about to get nuked on acid, and with nowhere to go. we decided to try to drive home.

we made it down the highway home in about 4 hours without incident. we didn't talk to each other at all, and both of us were extremely nervous (and screwed up obviously). i'm not really sure what i make of how i felt in the car or what happened and this point, but i was hosed and i'm sure he was too. the good news was that he was a veteran acid driver, and he had slept through the last night instead of going out so he was in better shape than me. we followed a frito-lay truck most of the way home on the highway and about an hour after arriving while talking in his apartment my friend blurted out when other friends asked how we got back alive, "does it seem like we followed a bag of potato chips home?" because he didn't recall the specifics of it.

so i had to go to work after that at quiktrip, and this is where the actual story begins.

i show up and i'm still coming down off of the acid. for those who don't know, it's basically impossible to sleep while you're under its effects. it's not a desire or something you could do no matter how badly you wanted it. it's as if you no longer need to. i knew i was going to get hard by my rough weekend and decided to plan ahead. i took a bottle of no-doz from the shelves and popped a couple.

there are routines for what needs to be done there so i got off a little easy at first, stocking coolers and cigarettes (which were out in the open where the candy aisles are now). the acid wore off more, and i was beginning to feel a weight pulling me down into fatigue of some sort. i had to work the registers. i put some ice and coffee in a squart container and put it in the ice cream freezer. i did the routine for a while but we're up on a slight platform in a box. i was screwed and tired, i felt like i was floating. and all the prices in the store had to be memorized and change calculated in your head. a lot of people come in for papers on sunday.

i forced my way through a lot of it but i confessed that i "hadn't slept much the night before" to an assistant manager and requested to do other stuff. he got frustrated, declined, and told me to keep working. i did for a while but i just couldn't take it. i asked for a break and got one.

so i went back to the ice cream freezer. behind the gatorade aisles built into the wall there is a refrigerator. it's pretty cold back there, and if you're working a lot you wear a standard jacket that's hanging up. past that is the freezer, and if you're in there for any amount of time you're going to get super cold so you do the jacket and gloves.

i went into the freezer wearing the jacket and gloves, preparing to shotgun my quart of cold coffee and maybe take some more pills (but i wasn't hot on the pills idea because i was really pressing my luck). i was literally dying of fatigue and i was having trouble remaning concious.

as i was preparing to drink, i realized that the cold was "waking me up". i removed the gloves and jacket. it was really invigorating. i took some sips of the nasty water coffee but the cold was REALLY working. in a stroke of genius i took off my shoes, and then took off my khakis. so i'm in an ice cream cooler in my boxers drinking cold coffee out of a plastic bottle.

in retail you do something called "facing shelves", which is taking products and facing their labels toward the customer as well as stocking them and pulling them forward. you know, so you have a neat wall of clearly-labeled product. the manager had apparently decided to do some facing, and specifically of the ice cream. the fridge opens. i'm not that concerned because i've got a wall of ice cream in front of me, but an entire row at crotch level gets brushed and i hear my general manager yell WHAT THE [censored] IS GOING ON IN THERE? i scramble to put my clothes back on.

the assistant manager was running the overnight/afternoon shift and the general manager was crossing into the afternoon/evening shift, so he showed up. i don't know when, i hadn't noticed him though. i thought i was safe because the assistant (the only manager on duty) had been running the register for me.

he's already in the gatorade area fridge by the time i open the freezer door, and is a mix of confused and angry but it's definitely leaning more toward confused. he starts yelling and i explain that i hadn't slept and that the cold was keeping me awake. he told me he didn't know what was wrong with me or what was going on but he was going to talk to the assistant about my performance and figure out what the hell happened.

we came out to the main area and they conferred and decided i should be suspended, at this point i'm sure they were suspecting drugs. they told me to stock the beer cooler and then go home (lucky for me i lived about 1/4 mile away and rode a bike or walked to work). so i'm dejected and still horrifically tired and i didn't even get much coffee but i go to stock the beer fridge. i do one lap, go back for another, and at this point i can barely stand up.

i grab another load of beer and put it on the dolly. i've got to get it from the back, bring it through the store, and back through some doors to the beer cooler on the other side. as i'm making my way past the cigarette aisles, i basically go black and wipe out. the cart goes down. i go down. right into the cigarette aisles. with customers around and knock tons of packs everywhere. as i'm trying to pick myself and the beer up i instantly get fired and head straight for the door to walk home, to the choral shock and disapproving shakes of my coworkers and customers. then i'm told my bike is in the back, so i have to walk through that again, grab my neon green bicycle, and make a second exit.

i guess i can't prove how i was fired, but i can certainly prove i worked there at that time period simply by recounting tasks and policies and that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this says. I just wanted to quote this before Astro found out the contest was changed and edited it out.

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 06:15 PM
The contest is on. People can vote for your story, unless you would rather submit a limerick

SomethingClever
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
There once was a genius named Sklansky
Whose beard and old glasses were fancy
Saying, "Do you see why?"
He check-raised on the fly
And left old Raymond Zee feeling antsy.

Talk2BigSteve
08-16-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Other Other Topics is not about poker.
We talk rather of oral sex that would choke her.
The replies are quite grand.
But Tubgirl gets you banned.
Because Sklansky is no Practical joker.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

asofel
08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in a stroke of genius i took off my shoes, and then took off my khakis. so i'm in an ice cream cooler in my boxers drinking cold coffee out of a plastic bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious, and the "stroke of genius" description is so accurate. Its amazing how something can seem so smart at the time, and so dumb afterwards...

Stuey
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The contest is on. People can vote for your story, unless you would rather submit a limerick

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to sweeten the pot a little more could you let the winner pick David's avatar for the next month? I was always disappointed the men in red never picked avatars. Yours is cool btw nice pick.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to sweeten the pot a little more could you let the winner pick David's avatar for the next month? I was always disappointed the men in red never picked avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a fair balance between us picking just anything that he probably wouldn't want to have and us not picking anything, I think it'd be good if he and maybe the other owner/moderators came up with several acceptable avatars that we get to vote for.

Stuey
08-16-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to sweeten the pot a little more could you let the winner pick David's avatar for the next month? I was always disappointed the men in red never picked avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a fair balance between us picking just anything that he probably wouldn't want to have and us not picking anything, I think it'd be good if he and maybe the other owner/moderators came up with several acceptable avatars that we get to vote for.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but I'm sure Mat's judgement would be a good enough filter to ensure the avatar is funny or cool and not humiliating or embarrassing.

Maybe we could have a thread that lets posters suggest cool or interesting avatars for the men in red and if they like them they could just choose to use it of thier own free will.

zoomOut
08-16-2005, 07:08 PM
there once was a student named Mat
who blushed while naked he sat
when he found he grew stiff
he let out a shrill riff
....and cried "Prof can I finish in back?!"

Mat Sklansky
08-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I think this should be a separate matter from our limericks and stories. By the way, I tried to compose one and failed, but I think wacki and otis make good candidates for subjects on this.

morgan180
08-16-2005, 07:21 PM
alright, here goes.

my junior year of college (i attended Univ. California Santa Barbara UCSB) i came home for Christmas break (home is in Avon, Connecticut - a sleepy little commuter town and a suburb of Hartford.) After making the cross-country flight and trying to adjust to the freezing temperatures, the hectic holiday relative visits and the like i finally made it out to the local watering hole/pizza joint "Tickets" with my brother and our friends for some drinks. After running in to seemingly every one of the 120 people that i graduated with, and finding out nothing interesting and swilling back a few pitchers we found ourselves bored, tired of talking to high school burnouts and decided that we needed something fun to do.

Of course, someone mentions strip club and the 10 of us load up in two cars and head down to the Gold Club in Hartford for some recreation. The ten of us pile out of the two Explorers and the doorman is just eyeing us - ready to clean our wallets out. NOw most of the guys we are with are my younger brother's friends - two years younger than me and of course we're all drunk and rowdy. So we roll up to the front door and the doorman says $20 bucks a head, which immediately puts a damper on the festive mood that had ensued on the way to the club.

I roll up from the back of the pack to the bouncer and say "Is your manager here?" after a few excuse me's? from the bouncer and a couple of repeats I explain to the bouncer that I am with Maxim magazine and that I'd like to speak to his manager. The manager rolls out an old, slimy italian guy in his early fifties, gold chains, slick hair and all. I even remember chest hair popping out of the top of his shirt. I pull him aside and explain to him that I am a writer with Maxim magazine in LA, I am home on our Christmas break with an assignment. The assignment being to write 400 words about my Christmas break with the best story going in the upcoming January edition of Maxim.

I told him "I'd love to have the Gold Club all over that article." His eyes lit up at the opportunity of being featured in Maxim with "a small shot at a cover mention." Immediately there was no more $20 cover for all of us. We rolled right in the club and sat down. This was just the beginning.

Two peelers roll over with a box of cigars and each of us takes 2 bascially clearing them out (on the house of course.) The owner insists that we don't pay for anything or tip for the duration of the visit. We are watching the show and two girls come up to me and say "the owner says we need to be nice to you" and so they are my personal arm-candy for the rest of the night.

The owner then takes me to show me the new "remodeling" they are doing and the new space they are expanding into. He tells me about all the plans for the club, etc. I ask questions like I'm verifying details for the article such as "when did you open again? etc." Then he says, pick two guys and go to the champagne room. We head back and are met by three girls who just get freaky. They say no touching in strip clubs but there was plenty of "VIP" treatment. On the house of course. After 5 songs we meet up with the rest of the guys who are having a great time watching the show.

The owner says to me "Are you having a good time?" and I say "Yeah, but we need something that I can really write about." So he says - get all of your boys and go to the champagne room. So I rally the crew and we all go to the champagne room. We get in there and have 6 girls to ourselves for well over half an hour. The owner busts out his own booze from his office and we're all drinking and the girls are just being scandulous. I personally had my two escorts with me as well, of course. After half and hour he needs his girls back so we roll out. We've probably been in the club for over 3 hours now and have not spent a dime.

It's time to leave and he introduces me to one other guy. And says "Hey Mike, this kid writes for Maxim." "No [censored]," says the other guy. "Yeah" says the owner and then turns to me and says "If you're lying I'll break you're legs." I look right at him -- "Can I quote you on that?" We all laugh. As we're walking out the door the owner gives me a Gold Club hat and shirt. The hat is still my favorite golf hat of all time.

All in all it was a great night, no one could believe it was happening and we still talk about it. It was pretty amazing that we were able to pull it off...especially since I was not employed at all don't know anyone at Maxim and was just a young college kid at home on Christmas break that wanted to see some free tail.

TheWorstPlayer
08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I love that magazine. Which articles have you written? Any cover stories?

morgan180
08-16-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to disappoint - but i was just a lowly college kid skeezing my way in to a tittie bar any way i could. i fixed my post to better reflect that.

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Skinnydip. Jellyfish. Hospital.

offTopic
08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this should be a separate matter from our limericks and stories. By the way, I tried to compose one and failed, but I think wacki and otis make good candidates for subjects on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki, pursued by his tutor
The forum says she's like a scooter
They say, "Ride it now!"
He says, "No way, nohow!"
...and still she's awaiting a suitor

Aspiring Counselor Otis
Putting the forum on notice,
"For pictures we view...
...naked exes will sue!"
While citing a ruling from SCOTUS

touchfaith
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
The best apart about this thread is its progression...

- Contest with a great, yet difficult task..
- The place goes silent for a good hour..
- Contest changes to "scribble something and try to rhyme!"..
- Replies roll in.

I love this place sometimes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Haiku Answer
08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
David's mind is great with thoughts and numbers
And his johnson is long like a cucumber
Now he's angry at God
And his son is a mod
But he still like to get drunk and lay the lumber

TStoneMBD
08-16-2005, 08:53 PM
astroglide and morgan have awesome stories so far. i think i like morgans slightly better though, but he should have tried to spruce up the humor which shouldnt have been hard.

BOTW
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
There once was a man from 2+2
His chick was a skinny dipper, what to do?
He let her go
Found out she's a ho
And now he's alone like you

Otis liked to go poking her nose
In places where nothing she knows
Gave legal advice
Without being nice
So on my ignore list she goes

Wacki liked to smother his meat
In sauce before he would eat
The message impart
Is "pisssing on art"
Now no one thinks that he's neat

Mat is at home with an ache
So a contest he would make
To question his Dad
Would make me glad
How many 5 year olds can he take?

tbach24
08-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Winner

Please post more

dtbog
08-16-2005, 09:09 PM
So there once was a forum of fools
It seems that we can't follow rules
In a gladiator, we trust
He makes trolls go bust
Pointing thumbs down as answers to tools.

sfer
08-16-2005, 09:15 PM
The winner is pretty obviously LMD's Vegas trip report here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3153459&page=0&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Brainwalter
08-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Stick to haikus buddy.

morgan180
08-16-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The winner is pretty obviously LMD's Vegas trip report here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3153459&page=0&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

while excellently written prose (much better than my sad, rushed attempt) and thoroughly enjoyable - it is clearly par for the course in vegas, making it mutually exclusive to the category of "outlandish."

zoomOut
08-16-2005, 09:38 PM
There once was a snitch amongst folks
Who apparently never got poked,
Her name was Otis
She barely got noticed
And now she's the butt of our jokes.

There once was a student named Mat
Who got chest acne while naked he sat
his pride was a hurtin'
his brat was a burpin'
he bemoaned why he ever did that.

There once was a miserable rat
Who always got shoved to the back
Her name was Otis
She barely got noticed
Even though she went cryin' to Mat.

TheWorstPlayer
08-16-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to disappoint - but i was just a lowly college kid skeezing my way in to a tittie bar any way i could. i fixed my post to better reflect that.

[/ QUOTE ]
i knew that. it was obvious. i was joking. but i'm glad to see that i made you take the trouble of editing your post. lmao.

Brainwalter
08-16-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i knew that. it was obvious. i was joking. but i'm glad to see that i made you take the trouble of editing your post. lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice save.

CanKid
08-17-2005, 12:19 AM
thanks for linking, got linked to Cup's report too, which I never read and was equally awesome

[ QUOTE ]
There was a lotion fight. (That last line should be read with the same intonation that Willem Defoe manages in Boondock Saints.)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..

Apathy
08-17-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I don't get it. That is the saddest thing I've ever read... maybe I need to know him /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TheWorstPlayer
08-17-2005, 01:02 AM
You obviously don't know me. I have a VERY dry sense of humour.

08-17-2005, 01:20 AM
There was a young man named Sklansky
Numbers and symbols were his fancy
Off to vegas he flew, to test what he knew
In the games of the gamblers milieu
Because of a tell he did not do well
The mantra to Sell was louder than hell
and the books he would write were full of insight

Many

Brainwalter
08-17-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, give up man.

YourFoxyGrandma
08-17-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Many

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Wow. My vote has been cast.

Mat Sklansky
08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm almost shocked that 1152 views yielded so few replies, but I have an easy to participate in contest for next month.

vote (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3166964&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=1)

Apathy
08-17-2005, 01:50 PM
I think you sould give more time.

Mat Sklansky
08-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Ok. people can continue to submit here if they like. The top 3 of the existing poll will be added to a new poll with any new entries sometime over the weekend. Provided there are more entries.

sfer
08-17-2005, 02:09 PM
One specific one for the dweebs in OOT.

I make a post to El Diablo explaining how good the restaurant Momofuko is. In explaining it's awesomeness, I make an analogy between Momofuko, a similar restaurant (Republic), Peter Luger, and Outback. Diablo says he's convinced and flying into NYC the next day and he'll check it out sometime.

The next day I eat at Momofuko with megantw. As we're nearly finished, I overhear someone behind me waiting for a table and I distinctly make out "Republic," "Outback" and "Luger." And then we meet this guy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/al.jpg

Apathy
08-17-2005, 02:27 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Apathy224/dumbledore.jpg

I offer Dumbledoransky as inspriration for some good material.

asofel
08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
hahahahahaha

RandomGuy
08-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Dear Sklansky, from ol' O-O-T
Three questions in this little ditty
Would the hippo get beat?
Count the kids you defeat.
And have you ever S-I-I-H-P?

theghost
08-29-2005, 04:06 PM