PDA

View Full Version : Stars -> Party

Womble
08-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Just finished 2 stars SnGs and they lasted 1.5 hours! Both of them. Only managed to get 2nd and 3rd but it was partly because I got fed up. Blinds were up to 200/400 with 25 antes in both!

I only play the 5+0.5s at stars but the time of them is really starting to annoy me. I know the good player has an advantage in the longer ones but at party I could nearly play 2 in the time /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Anyway, mwinging is over. Is there any specific strategic difference between the stars and party SnGs? Ill play a few at $6 level to get my bearing but I have RB so it cuts that down a bit.)

I have read HOH so is it just a case of getting low Ms quicker and making moves sooner with goodish hands? I have also read the formulaic approach to beating them but I would like to really learn how to play rather than a simple formula.

Hornacek
08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
If you try to follow HoH for the $5+1, prepare to face lots of losing, esp. regarding low M's. There's no folding equity at the lower limit tables at Party, so prepare to push only against tight opponents who will actually fold, or push your stronger hands that wouldn't mind a call. I agree with you on Stars and Party though... when I play Stars, I only play the turbos.

tigerite
08-17-2005, 05:37 AM
I'd go as far as to say M doesn't apply much at all to SNGs. I've not read HOH2 and so I don't have to worry about whatever it is, anyway.