PDA

View Full Version : $1/$2 Big Slick Hand

dux
03-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Here's a hand that I played at a loose becoming agressive $1/$2 online table:

I'm dealt AKo from the button and UTG limps, and there is an early position raise (I've seen this player cap it with KK but he's no rock), MP flat calls and I call (3 bet here?). The big blind, who has indicated that he is drunk, puts in another dollar along with EP caller and it's 5 for the money.
Flop: 2/forums/images/icons/club.gif 3/forums/images/icons/spade.gif K/forums/images/icons/club.gif
The big blind leads out, EP raiser raises, folded round to me, I call as does the blind.
Turn: Q/forums/images/icons/heart.gif(2/forums/images/icons/club.gif 3/forums/images/icons/spade.gif K/forums/images/icons/club.gif)
Big blind leads out, EP raiser raises again, I call, Big Blind calls.
River: J/forums/images/icons/spade.gif(Q/forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2/forums/images/icons/club.gif 3/forums/images/icons/spade.gif K/forums/images/icons/club.gif)
Big Blind checks, EP raiser checks, I contemplate and click check.

Should I have put 3 bets in preflop, should I have been so passive on the flop and turn with top pair top kicker, and was there a value bet on the river?

All comments apreaciated.

PokerPrince
03-29-2003, 09:40 PM
I haven't played online in a while but I could of swore there were other button options than "check/call". Your hand is a very good one. There nothing wrong with flat calling preflop as AK is pretty versatile. I like to raise though, especially with great position. After the flop you simply played reactive poker and I think you left a few bets on the table. What do you need to raise, a set minimum?

PokerPrince

Bob T.
03-29-2003, 09:47 PM
There just had to be a bet or raise somewhere. I would probably have three bet preflop, or three bet the flop. After you call the flop bet, and they repeat the action on the turn, I have no idea whether you are ahead, or behind, and you don't either. I think your decisions would be easier if you three bet the flop. Now when you have to invest two big bets, or three for a raise, it is a lot tougher decision.

Given the action on the river, I think that you might be chopping this with one of the other players, so I would probably bet when checked to on the river. How did it turn out?

dux
03-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Our intoxicated freind had to show first, he showed K T for top pair, EP raiser mucked, and I won the pot. Thanks for the responses.

elysium
03-29-2003, 10:24 PM
hi dux,
you need to get in as many bets as you can with this holding from the flop on. this hand likes lots of speed in this situation, and you left lots of bets on the table. bet like a mad man here dux.

JTG51
03-30-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm with PokerPrince and Bob T on this one. Your hand is just too strong for your action to go call, call, call, check.