PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain how to back up poker tracker to..

gila
08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
an external hard drive?

I read some instructions at the PT forum but they did not enlighten me.

Thanks for any help!

IHateKeithSmart
08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
If you want to make it very simple, I would just zip the entire Poker Tracker folder (mine is D:\program files\poker tracker v2). Then, copy this file to the external hard drive.

Just copy back and unzip if you ever need to recover.

Jim Kuhn
08-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Would it be practical to utilize a 1 gig flash drive for the pokertracker database? Would it be hard to set up? It would be nice to go from laptop to pc and back and not miss any hand histories or have to perform much copying.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

IHateKeithSmart
08-17-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it be practical to utilize a 1 gig flash drive for the pokertracker database? Would it be hard to set up? It would be nice to go from laptop to pc and back and not miss any hand histories or have to perform much copying.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, this is a good option. Same as an external hard drive. Only drawback will be if your pc/laptop doesn't have USB 2, as the data transfer rate will be much lower.

MyMindIsGoing
08-17-2005, 05:39 AM
The compressed file wont take long at all to transfer even with usb1.