PDA

View Full Version : So pissed at myself...

Jdogg
08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Over the past month I have been really working on my game and started 4 tabling this week because I became pretty solid player for the $10 games. Now all the sudden I threw everthing that I have trained myself to do out the window and have been playing like a complete moron! Like just before I in with a A10 and the flop came 532 so i push, he calls with JJ. Ussually I dont even go in with a10 at level 4 and if I do I dont do that. Now what should my next plan of action be? Should I take a break for a few days or I dont know. I was thinking about writing myself a note that just says dont do it on it /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyways I lost less than I made in the past two days and so I am not to worried but I don't like putting money on the table when I keep clicking all in!

Thanks for reading my rant, sorry.

Justin

jgunnip
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
take a break from poker for a day or two.

SammyKid11
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey, you don't necessarily need to not play for a couple of days. You need to find your optimum multi-table limit for where you are right now in your poker development. Maybe four gets you a little frazzled and is just too much at the moment. Why not try 3?

Also, yeah...write yourself a note. Don't be impulsive, control those instincts to the best of your ability by whatever means necessary.

ZeroPointMachine
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Don't just take a break.

Get out and do something else. Sitting and watching TV while your computer is staring at you from the corner reminding you what a dumb ass you were doesn't cut it. Doesn't have to be a long break (usually just a day for me). But you have to focus your attention somewhere else long enough for that throbbing in your head to go away.

You've got a poker hangover. Playing another set (or taking another drink) seems to ease the sypmtoms. But, you are not going to perform at your best and there is no amount of will power you can bring to bear that will change that.

pearljam
08-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I think you should take no breaks, buy another monitor, quit your job, and begin 8 tabling the 30+3's emmediatly.

Jdogg
08-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks pearl! I quit my job. I actually do have a poker hangover i think. I gotta get out more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks guys

Justin

Matt R.
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
What # of tables were you playing before? You didn't specify that in your post. If it wasn't 3, you should definitely not be doing 4 at once immediately. Just add one at a time until you feel comfortable.

Jdogg
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Well I have been playing 1 at a time for the past year then i tried two three then four within about two days. Four tables isnt as hard to handle as i thought it would be, but I think it got me scrambling a bit though.

Hornacek
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Go spend some money... strangely enough, that makes me feel better. Go take your girlfriend out to a nice dinner!

11t
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Don't play like a donk?

Jdogg
08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Alright I am back to normal thanks everyone, decided to do one at a time again and I wrote up some rules for myself to look at while playing.

Justin

Seth Money
08-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Five hours and your fine again!!!!?

We're are you playing again? I usually go to the strip club when I am feeling bad about my game, nothing like giving money to college aged peers that need it to support themselves.

In the game of life, the women are the rake. REMEMBER THAT!!!! prosper from it

pooh74
08-16-2005, 10:28 PM
why this obsession with playing either 1 or 4+?....play 2 for 6 months...then 3 etc...

2 is a necessary step...dont ignore it.

otherwise, dont tell yourself youre fine. take a SOLID day off. It helps a ton.

Jdogg
08-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah I decided to settle at two for now, no rush. Tomorrow I am going to take a break and do some welding on my car. Have a great night.

Justin