PDA

View Full Version : 8-tabling, day 2 (full of rich, creamy content(!))

brimstone1
08-16-2005, 02:52 PM
My original thread titled "First time 8-tabling" was derailed and destroyed a small German village.

Anyhow, today (2nd time) I tried 8-tabling continously, and after I got over the "WTF" factor of trying to open up new tables with Party's amazingly fast and responsive lobby interface, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Still, being able to 8-table continously for hours is a skill to respect.

I got 23 games in for a cool ROI of 18%, 34.78% ITM, and a 4/2/2 finish distribution.

I really messed up during the cool-down period at the end where I stopped opening new tables, but still, I think I pulled off an OK day.

I actually had a couple of hands in mind to post, but I can only remember one, so here it is:

Hand 1

6 players left, blinds 50/100
Player 1 (t400)
Player 2 (t1670)
Player 3 (t1230)
Player 4 (t2835)
Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif and t620 before posting
BB (t1245)
-----------------------------------------------
4 folds, Hero pooshes

Yes, obviously I could've waited for the blinds to hit shorty here, but I thought given he's still in the game, a 620 all-in would be enough FE for someone with t1245 to fold, and give me a nice boost. I hadn't messed around with the BB at all up until this point (as far as I can remember). But don't you push here?

Side note: taking a look at PT, my SB pushes seem to have worked quite a bit today. I open-pushed 9 times from the SB and took 7 of them, a sweet 77.7%. Writing that, I just noticed how little I open-pushed from the SB given I played 23 games, hrm, maybe I should take a look into that.

1C5
08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Yes, you push that unless BB is super loose.

Maulik
08-16-2005, 03:55 PM
definately what IC5 said.

yesterday was the first day in months I 8-tabled. got 47 of them suckers banged out