PDA

View Full Version : Big Pot, I hate playing it

08-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Me vs a bunch of unknowns. Mostly I hate the fact that I play bad, but even worse I don't know why. Every street I was confused about. Well I think I got preflop right /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

A_C_Slater
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
It almost seems like he HAS to have at least an ace after betting into 7 players with 2 still to act.

If that's the case you're drawing to two outs. I think I fold, but if you want to continue I think raising is better than calling, there's a LOT of people behind you that you want out, any K or Q is a threat in the unlikely event he's betting middle pair.

tyler_cracker
08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Preflop is perfect /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

You *must* raise this flop and face the field with two cold (which lays them 8:1, making it a mistake for them to chase gutshots). MP3 has given you a gift; don't waste it.

Waiting for the turn would be nice, but with such a passive bunch, i don't think you can be sure MP3 will bet again (maybe i'm influenced by knowing that he doesn't). That turn is actually a pretty good card for you, and the fact that no one raises here suggests that you're probably good. If the river weren't so scary, i'd suggest a raise when MP3 wakes up again, but i think calling down is appropriate, as a 7 is a likely holding for MP3.

Yako
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Um, 8:1 is what you need with implied odds to see one more. Raising the flop will only fold hands in this case because people with pp might fear an ace, and people with 1 over to your JJ are more likely to fold. I think raising the flop is the thing to do, but not because it shuts out gutshots, but rather because, if no one has an ace, it causes hands that might otherwise be right to call, to instead fold. As well, it might very possibly allow you a free showdown after you bet the turn.