PDA

View Full Version : Vegas hand - Good laydown or Weak-Tight

iash
08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Comments apprecaited.

Last day in Vegas, and I had already lost nearly my entire Vegas bankroll.

Wynn 2/5. Full table. Been playing for about two hours. I am the short stack with around $350. Nearly everyone has me covered.

Dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in first position. I limp.

A few callers, solid player in LP makes it $50 to go. I plan on re-raising when it get's back to me.

Next player to act has a mountain of chips in front of him that he can barely see over. 5 grand or so, by my estimation. Anyway, "Big-Chip-Stack" raises to $200 total.

So now i either push or fold. I decide to fold for two reasons - 1) I have no reads on Big-Chip-Stack, have only seen one of his prior hands. 2) I am only invested $5. I figure one of the two raisers have JJ - AA. Thus I am at a distinct disadvantage 50% of the time and a coinflip the other half.

Anyway I folded, the solid-type initial raiser folded, and Big-Chip-Stack took it down.

Later on I second guessed myself, thinking that maybe I should have taken a shot, possibly doubled up, and turned my luck around.

What do you think?

djoyce003
08-16-2005, 01:38 PM
well you have no fold equity, and are probably at best a coin flip....i'm ok with it.