PDA

View Full Version : 66 on the Bubble, facing raise

nyc999
08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
If this wasn't raised in front of me, I'd insta-push, but not sure about this situation. The raiser was pretty solid, the other two have big stacks due to suck-outs and monster over monster type hands. Min-raises were all too frequent in this game.

Party $5+$1

Seat 1: Hero (980)
Seat 4: xavierofspar (3240)
Seat 8: selltto4vcp (2280)
Seat 9: montanaboy63 (1500)
Hero posts small blind (75)
xavierofspar posts big blind (150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 6d, 6s ]
selltto4vcp folds.
montanaboy63 raises (300) to 300
Hero...

proell
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Let go of it. At best you are a slight favorite to their overcards. At worst you are a huge dog to 77+.

You still have plenty of FE which means that a better opportunity awaits you in the future.

jgunnip
08-16-2005, 02:21 PM
move up to the 10s

schwza
08-16-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let go of it. At best you are a slight favorite to their overcards. At worst you are a huge dog to 77+.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true at all. you think villain is folding 55, a6, etc here? you could be well ahead.

but you should fold.

one reason to fold is to give the blinds a chance to bust that dude.

nyc999
08-16-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
move up to the 10s

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan to very soon...just getting my feet wet at the $5's.

IdiotVig
08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get your feet wet at the Pokerstars 5s for 50% less rake. This is not a trivial amount, as far as your ROI is concerned.

nyc999
08-16-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get your feet wet at the Pokerstars 5s for 50% less rake. This is not a trivial amount, as far as your ROI is concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, but I'm not playing for income. To me, I don't mind spending the .50 per game compared to setting up another account. My goal is to improve my game, and I don't think I'll be at the 5's for long.

wizard
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
jgunip is right - Move up to the 10's - 1/2 the vig.
I disagree with the base responses so far. The constant mini raises are often made on any 2 at the bubble point in a tourney because people try so hard to just hang on. I think that you should push. While you may be behind, you are more likely at a coinflip but still have some fold equity. Would be poor on his part but you are giving him that chance.

proell
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not true at all. you think villain is folding 55, a6, etc here? you could be well ahead.

but you should fold.

one reason to fold is to give the blinds a chance to bust that dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...I oversimplified. There are some hands that Hero would be way ahead of, but even given those do you think hero is overall much better than 50%?

What range makes sense for villian?

any pair, any ace, any 2 broadway, K9?
think it's more than that? maybe so in a $5+1.

With that range Hero is still only ~55% favorite. And I'm not sure it changes much in his favor if we add other possible hands to the range (Q8s, 87s+, J8, etc).

So, no need to take a 55/45 edge for all your chips right now while you still have some FE, IMO. Not to mention there are players still to act behind, as you said.

Womble
08-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Your M is under 5. Your dying in this tourny and you have to make a move VERY soon or your double ups will not get you up high enough.

However, Its likely that your facing 2 overs but that still makes you a favourite.

The higher PP can be discarded because some of the time he will be bluffing/stealing with hands like J4 with one high and one low card that makes you a huge favourite.

Theres some of the info for you. The raiser is the key here , any chacne that he steals alot and you push. If hes tight or average just fold ti

45suited
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your M is under 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Referring to M in a STT is kind of silly.

schwza
08-16-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but even given those do you think hero is overall much better than 50%?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he's probably under 50-50 just against the pfr, not to mention the blinds.

TWINUNO
08-16-2005, 05:30 PM
If the short stack is at like 200 fewer chips i like this play. Maye not at the 5's where people might not understand bubble concept. With your bigstack you could be pushing alot of hands here trying to take advantage of the bubble.

Uppercut
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, but I'm not playing for income. To me, I don't mind spending the .50 per game compared to setting up another account. My goal is to improve my game, and I don't think I'll be at the 5's for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, my ROI at Party Poker playing the $5+1's was -10%. When I switched over to Pokerstars and began playing the $5+.5's, my ROI rose to 87%. It took approximately 15 minutes to set up my Pokerstars account.

nyc999
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, my ROI at Party Poker playing the $5+1's was -10%. When I switched over to Pokerstars and began playing the $5+.5's, my ROI rose to 87%. It took approximately 15 minutes to set up my Pokerstars account.

[/ QUOTE ]

That 97% swing seems like more than the rake. And I doubt that is sustainable. I know the argument, but I plan to stay at the 5's for maybe another week or two at most.

tigerite
08-17-2005, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your M is under 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Referring to M in a STT is kind of silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially on the bubble. FWIW, I fold. But it's close. I'd push a lot of hands next hand (me UTG, him BB) if the blinds don't have a pop at him here, though.